Dedication to our rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
lol, so here I am, sopping wet because I wanted tokeep my bunniesdry. It's pouring rain here, and has been all day. I went out this morningto see that Spice was wet because the roof was dripping, (it's an oldconverted garage door and we made it so the top opens) so I put anoutside table cloth over the part that allows it to open that wasletting water in. I go out again about45 minutesagoto see that the other end has the same problem and on top of both oftheir boxes are big puddles of water. Considering their boxes arecardboard, they were sopping wet and Mocha was sitting in his. So Istretch the table cloth out as much as I can, but it won't cover bothends. I searched around my yard, dug through the wood pile, lookedunder the deck until I found 2 sleds and put them over each end toprevent more dripping. Then since it's windy, I went looking forsomething to put on top, I again dug through the wood pile until Ifound a sufficient sized piece of wood to put on each sled. Then I grabsome old newspaper from the shed and use it to soak up the puddles onthe boxes and in them, fill the boxes with dry straw (the bottom wasreally only damp after I dried them) and made sure the top wasn'tdripping inside. I dried off the seam in the roof that was leaking,gave both the boys a good rub down to dry them off, and went backinside. I just went outside in my PJ's (lazy weekends!) and now I'msoaking wet since that took about half an hour or more maybe. I was abad bunny mommy to leave them in that all day. :(The onlygood thing is that they were mostly smart and stayed on the dry halfand they aren't sick so it's all good, I know better for next time.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

Latest posts

Back