Dedicated veggie refrigerator

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavetoabunny

Reaction score
Yesterday, I went out and bought a compact refrigerator to keep the veggies out in the rabbit room (formerly known as my Florida room). It's great! Not only do I have room in my refrigerator for food now, but I don't have to haul salads from the kitchen anymore.

IMG_1201-1.jpg

IMG_1202-1.jpg

What a great idea.

When Chris and I move (don't know when that will be yet), I want either a second kitchen in the basement or a fridge and sink in the Bunny room.

Susan:)

Oh, I am SO jealous!!!!
Jason and I are starting to look at houses, though we probably won't be able to seriously consider buying until next year. One of our top requirements is to be able to have a fridge *just* for bunny food.
The veggies just take up so much room in my fridge!

(Of course, I will be demanding a whole room for bunnies, with room for a fridge, and it will need to have a sink. And storage for bunny supplies. *sigh* May never get a house.....:()

You are SO lucky!!

Our fridge is literall chocca with veg for the bunnies... Stuff constantly gets stuck to the back and freezes. No hope of baking a pie or something because there would be nowhere to store it!

I do have a glimmer of hope though. My mum and dad are getting a new kitchen fitted and are getting a new fridge. They will give us their old fridge, which is a compact like yours, and it will go next to ours to store bunny veg. OR my aunty is getting a new fridge, she currently has one of those huge double-door ones (I DREAM about having a fridge like that!) and she might be giving hers a away. Then again she doesn't like me lol so the chances of me getting it are slim :p

Lucky bunners and lucky you! :highfive:

SOOOSKA wrote:
What a great idea.

When Chris and I move (don't know when that will be yet), I want either a second kitchen in the basement or a fridge and sink in the Bunny room.

I told Pat that the only thing that could make my life more joyous would be to have a sink in the bunny room. No dice. It would require major re-plumbing. Maybe I'll win the lottery.

That's what my current fridge looks like =D

I get the canned food in the cupboard..

You'll love that! I bought mine (a "dorm 'fridge") from an online classifieds site and really think it's great to have.

slavetoabunny wrote:
SOOOSKA wrote:
Wow 12 heads of Romaine. How long would that last?:shock:

That is one weeks worth. See why I need a veggie fridge, lol!!!
Yikes!!! :shock:

Saying that, we probably go through a good 7, 8 maybe? We've not actually ever counted it because we're sure it would be too scary lol...

Oh my goodness...I'm so jealous!!

With eight (right now), it would be SO HANDY to have that! I've been wanting to get one for probably over a year now, lol.

As soon as things settle, financially, I'm going to get Danny to go ahead and okay one from Craigslist, or something like that. :D

I's gots to have my veggie storage!!! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back