Decorating Cage&X-pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Have An X-pen For Your Bun?

• Yes I do, it is inside.

• Yes I do, it is outside.

• No I do not, but I want one.

• No I do not.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ashley B

Reaction score
So I recently just bought an X-pen. :) It is originally for dogs so it will be big! I will be putting the cage inside of it, and was wondering how i should "decorate" or move all of his stuff around!
Here are the toys i have in his cage!
-Litter box
-Food dish
-Water bottle and dish
-Hanging wood chews
-Twigs
-Toilet paper rolls
-Rolling Hay Ball

Any one have ideas on how I could decorate his cage and x-pen, or what else i should add for him would be great! Thanks!

Sounds pretty good. My buns love to decorate and have specific spots for certain toys. Becky stole a plastic pawn (chess piece) from my husband. It goes in the back left corner of her hide away. If I move it she thumps me and puts it back. I have no clue why.

You might want to try baby toys made of hard plastic. Mine particularly like rattles. Anything with bells, such as cat balls, are also a huge hit. I think they really enjoy making noise when they play.

This is a picture where you can see the chess piece (it's Gary's face and Becky's butt) I just lifted up the cover so I could peek in at them.
3605.jpg

Sure, they generally don't chew up the hard plastics. A little nibble here or there is fine but you don't want them to ingest plastic pieces. Mine have left tooth marks but not really chewed pieces off of hard plastics.

I told Becky she should have stolen the Queen, but apparently the pawn was more fun :p

If you don't want to break up a set I would be willing to send you a piece. My husband has tons, he teaches chess as a career. Just PM me where to send it to and which kind of piece you would like.

I know it's a big more difficult than something with more horizontal bars, but I've put a level in peppy's cage. Made of NIC grids. It's only 2x1 right now, but it gives a place to hang toys from and I have a pillow case over the edge of it. Peppy loves hanging out under there.
I also love the size of xpens because you can actually fit boxes and stuff in there! My guy isn't much of a toy fan so I cant help too much.

Latest posts

Back