Decided

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
Well, I've decided to get Murphyneutered. I know I said just the other day that I wasn'tgoing to but I've changed my mind. No reasonreally. I just figure, I'm not breeding or showing him so Imight as well neuter him since it is healthier in the longrun. I've made an appointment at my rodent vet for March17th. I have to drop him off the night beforebecauseI wont have timethatmorning.So he'll have to spend the night.They are in another town that is 30 minutes away but they are very goodand as far as I can tell, pretty rabbit savvy. They weregreat when I first got him and had him checked out.

I'm not very worried, I trust the vet a lot. I will miss my boy for that night he is away.

And so none of you yell at me. I know that rabbits are notrodents. I just refer to this particular vet as my rodent vetbecause I take my rats there. I have 3 differentvetsI go to depending on the animal. One for Murphyand the rats, one for the cats, and another for the birds and theturtle. So there :p

-Madelon

Awwww Murphy's gonna get the nads removed :(

He is better off this way since you aren't going to show or breedhim. Plus he should be better about not spraying and stuff.

It's hard to make those decisions. I hated having Bo done,but he's so much better about stuff. He has his moments, buthe's still young.

Our exotics vet does all the birds, rats, lizards, bunnies.... etc.,the we have our "normal" vet and our "farm vet". Ok, we don'thave a farm to have him here, but when I was pregnant then had a babyand a hyper dog..... he came out to give her the checkups.When we get a farm, he'll be our farm vet :)

Well,I dropped him off last night andjust got back from picking him up. The vet said he did verywell. He's home now just chillin in his cage. Hegot an injection of pain meds before comming home and doesnt seem to bein any pain. He still seems rather sleepy.

He was rather mad to be at the vet. I walked in and theybrought him out in his pet taxi and set it on the counter. Ilooked in and he looked so mad. As soon as he saw me hejumped up and ran to the door. He missed me!:D Aww, I feel so loved.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know he's doing well.

-Madelon

Awww I'm so glad he's home and all done! He'll be sleepy probably the rest of tonight and even a bit tomorrow maybe.

Give him a kiss for me :)

Glad to hear everything went well :D I'm gettingmy boys neutered as soon as I get the money. My summer job should helppay for it :p One question - how come you don't neutere show rabbits?

I am so glad to hear all went well. Ithink it's so sweet he ran to you. Baby boy missed you, how sweet. I'mglad he's resting comfortably. You give him a kiss from me. I will keephim in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Tina

What kind of new toy did you get him???

You did get him a new toy for being so good didn't you??

icon_rolleyes.gif

He's doing great. I sat in the cagewith him for about 30 mins last night while he rested. (yes,inside his cage :) )He just layed there loving it buteventually came to lay on my lap.

He seems fine now. He slept all through the night and nowit's as if nothing ever happened. He's hopping around andeating and drinking normally.

Such a good boy.

Thanks for the update! Kiss that Murphers for me.

-Carolyn

Yea!! Way to go Murphy. I am so glad he'sfeeling so good so soon. I know you must be so relieved. He has such agood mom looking out for him.

WWHHOOAA!! Did you say you weresitting in hiscage? Wow. My son lays in Apollo's but sitting...that sweet boy ofyours must have one huge cage lol.

I am so glad it all worked out for you and Murphy. Give him a hug from Apollo and a kiss from me.

Tina

Latest posts

Back