Dealing with death of a rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinibunny

Reaction score
My mother is taking care of my 10 year old rabbit in the US.......recently she has been telling me that my bunny Takuto is blind in both eyes (she told me he has catarax) his hearing has gone away (she told me an alarm went off and it was very loud and he didnt move an inch) and he lyes down all day is very thin and eats lying down.......she said they are going to take him to the vet to put him down........crying really bad about this i just dont know what to do about all of this or how to cope.

It sounds like he had a long full life, and it may be that this is harder for you because he's so far away and you can't say goodbye to him. We were away from home when my brother called to tell us that something happened to our family dog and they had to put her down, so I know how you feel. :hug:

Thank you for the kind words and yeah i think that hurts me the most that i cant say goodbye to him we had been through a lot together im just at loss what to do.

R.I.P Takuto May 6th 2014

1hb1gg.jpg

Takuto was my first bunny he was a rescue buny. My mom found him through her friends friend he was neglected and hated me at first. The previous owner was a little girl that owened numerous pets that died. She got bored of the bunny and they left him in the gradge in a pretty small cage with a wired floor the cage also hadent been cleaned in a ear and left him with an eye infection so bad we couldnt get rid of it. His previous name wasd Bunbun but i renamed him to Takuto(Name of a character from Fullmoon Wo saga****e) since he was going to have a new life. The mother ended up taking care of Takuto since the daughter got bored of him but she didnt have time for the bunny and was a nurse so she worked all the time. The little girl didnt flinch when he left and when we took him in we wanted him to have a better life than he had. It took Takuto years before he fully trusted me he chewed up my sweater and would bite me constantly but i never gave up on him. I got Takuto when i was 21 once he trusted me he was a mellow bunny and he loved to cuddle. He was my second pet in my whole life that was acutally mine. He kept me company throughout my life i had him for 6 years of my life but he was an amazing animal and cared so deaply for everyone. He would drag his stuffed animal to a water bowl or a feeder to eat he loved taking care of people. I will miss you Takuto.

I'm so sorry, it must be terribly hard to have a loved family member pass away so far from you. I'm sure he went peacefully and is binkying over the skies to watch over you and your two bunny babies now.

:angelandbunny:

:pray:

I'm sorry to hear about Takuto's passing. He was an absolutely beautiful bunny; I love the patch around his eye in the picture you posted.

It sounds like he had a long life, and he was so lucky to have you rescue him the way you did. It's lovely to hear about how he turned from a neglected bun who didn't trust you, into a bunny who was so happy to have you as his friend.

Latest posts

Back