Dead Bunny Flop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclairemom

Reaction score
Does anyone else have to look for breathing to make sure their bunny is just sleeping? Never paid much attention to Scamper but Pixie is in the room with me when I work and I can look straight down on her cage. Today I had to make sure she was still alive, she was passed out across her empty salad plate with her eyes barely open. :lookaround

Fraggles never does a full dead bunny flop see we had never seen it before. Until we got Muppet...The day after we git her my husband saw her completely flopped out. She looked deflated and had one front leg thrown over her food dish. Her eyes were also closed....Thats how she sleeps lol.

Cookie never really flopped til after he was neutered but NOW he is the flopping king! And yes... It always makes my heart stop for a moment when I enter the room and see him "dead looking" lol I always hesitantly make a noise to see if he moves lol

Yes, Harriet does the dead bunny flop. It scared me at first but now I think it's adorable.

Hahaha yes I caught Rascal in the most convincing dead bunny flop ever yesterday. I tried to take a picture but he heard me and woke up.

I think it's funny to catch a bunny sleeping... my family had a rabbit for 8 years, and I never once saw her with her eyes closed. Always wary.

Yes, I have done so several times although usually just walking past his room and glancing in is enough to get him to at least twitch an ear slightly, sign enough for me he's alive. I did once make a small sound near him because I could not see the breathing. he did look up at me and I made small sound so as not to scare him out of a deep sleep.

As a side note I used to have to check my male ferret all of the time.

Sorry for more than one post but while we are on the subject, I have seen Thump flop and roll onto his back several times. He'll flop to the floor, roll onto his back and return to the original side he flopped on quickly. Also, once I have seen him flop and then roll completely over all in one motion just like a dog that is trained to roll over.

Does anyone else's bun do this?

Becky is a very sound sleeper, not surprising since I don't think she can hear. There are times when I have had to shake her thinking she passed. She will wake up looking all confused and thump me off. She will then go into her burrow to continue the nap. Now I know to look carefully for breathing before going into a panic that she doesn't respond to me talking to her.

Gary will do the huge flop and roll, all dramatic, after a zoomies session. It's very cute. It's like he ran until his little legs couldn't carry him one more hop.

PaGal wrote:
Sorry for more than one post but while we are on the subject, I have seen Thump flop and roll onto his back several times. He'll flop to the floor, roll onto his back and return to the original side he flopped on quickly. Also, once I have seen him flop and then roll completely over all in one motion just like a dog that is trained to roll over.

Does anyone else's bun do this?

Yes! Cookie has rolled over all the way before, he has also laid on his back with all fours up in the air and wiggled back and forth like he is scratching his back LOL I think he picked this up from watching the dogs hehehe our little Charlie does it all the time, and now cookie does too lol

13413_151648_440000000.jpg

I love dead bunny flops!!!

Latest posts

Back