Dead 6 week old...ideas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph72

Reaction score
I posted this in the infirmary section, but I thought maybe some other breeders may have experienced this...so forgive my double-posting.

I was supposed to be getting an orange mini lop buck from my favorite mini breeder. He was GORGEOUS! Was, unfortunately, is the key word. She emailed to say she lost the entire litter except one doe. This was her explanation of what happened:

"They were doing so good, then just stopped eating and got listless. One or two had soft manure, so I took a stool sample to my vet, which was negative. Then I just lost them. Makes me sick. My vet advised I take some bodies to the state vet lab and I did this, so am waiting to hear results. All my other bunnies seem fine."

She was going to let me know the results of the lab testing, but I thought maybe someone on here had experienced something similar. I'm totally bummed, of course. Have any of you experienced something similar? I, luckily, have not within my own rabbitry, but I'd rather know what it is so I can do anything preventative (if possible).

Would mucoid enteritis be a possibility? Coccidia?

I guess speculating is a bit pointless when you will definitely know for sure when the results come back (or at least I would hope they come back with a definitive answer).

I'm really sorry for your loss though. :( Poor bunnies.

Latest posts

Back