Day ten and a couple have their eyes open!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
A couple of them have their eyes open! It is toocute. My kids are getting a big kick out of watching them "pop" around.A couple also have one ear that is flopping over like a lops, only oneear though, weird.

47b4cf02b3127cce9cd3d490645200000016108QZMXDho5bG

47b4cf02b3127cce9cd3d48be57900000016108QZMXDho5bG

47b4cf02b3127cce9cd3ea5b648600000016108QZMXDho5bG

47b4cf02b3127cce9cd3eae8e50500000016108QZMXDho5bG

47b4cf02b3127cce9cd3ead5640800000016108QZMXDho5bG

47b4cf02b3127cce9cd3eadce53100000016108QZMXDho5bG

This last picture is one of the kits in mid-pop :pThey arestarting to come out of the nest box as well. Last night I made a fewadjustments to Fergi's cage to kit proof it. I was worried that theywould be able to fit out of the squares in her cage so I put a borderof coroplast on the inside of the cage so nobody can sneak out on me ;)

Fergi's mom

Oh how absolutely adorable! I want to kiss each and every little nose! :D

What "brand" are they by the way? ;)

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! Give me one of those! They are soo darn cute!

I don't live too far from Duluth....wanna drop one by my way? :p

Fergi wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh howabsolutely adorable! I want to kiss each and every littlenose! :D

They are Mini Lop mom and Flemish Giant dad and yes it was an accident! They are turning out to be really cute.

Fergi's mom

Aww! How sweet! Are they large babies? any look tobe big flemmies? Did she get really big with thekits?

I'm new, so I apologize for the questions, but it's so adorable to see babies and all... I want details!! :D

One earerect for dad and one ear loppedfor mom -- too cute! As a Holland Lop breeder, I'm envious ofthose ears already dropping LOL It's be very interesting tosee what the ear carriage turns out to be.

Pam

Theyre sooo adorable. I love the little "flopped"ear(s). Wouldnt it be cute to have one flopped and one erect? Theyregetting so big, so fast.

Lanna

They are so cute!!! I can't believe how big they have gotten already! I love the last picture of the kit in "mid-hop."

Lissa

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Fergi wrote:
BoB Bunny wrote:
Oh how absolutely adorable!I want to kiss each and every little nose! :D

They are Mini Lop mom and Flemish Giant dad and yes it was an accident! They are turning out to be really cute.

Fergi's mom

Aww! How sweet! Are they large babies? any look tobe big flemmies? Did she get really big with thekits?

I'm new, so I apologize for the questions, but it's so adorable to see babies and all... I want details!! :D

Don't apologize for questions, I love to talk about my babies. It seemsthat two are rather large compared to the others. I didn't even knowshe was pregnant:shock: so no she didn't get big with them. They wereso tiny a few days ago, they seem to grow in leaps and bounds literally.

Fergi's mom

p.s. welcome to the forum ;)

Oh wow! so you might have a couple big ones and a couple of smaller?! That's so cool!

Hmm, interesting that she was able to hide her condition! Did she nest at all?

What are you going to do with the babies? I don't think I could let anyof them go if I had them with me! I am so fond of animalsanyhow, but babies....... ahhhhhh :)

Thanks for the welcome..... it's so nice here!

I can't wait to see how their ears turn out. MyAbby is half Lop and half Mini Rex, she has the BEST ears.One will be up, one down, both down, both up. She has such good controlover her ears, I love it.

The 4th photo downreally shows how big they are getting in comparison to your hand! Thatwould be so funny if they had those huge Flemish ears and only one ofthem flopped! I don't know as much about bunny babies as I do otherbabies....I know that kittens and puppies can be different in a litterbut that's because a lot of the time they have different fathers evenwithin the same litter. Can kits be as different within the same litterwhen they have the same father given that they have a mixed upbreeding?

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
The 4th photo down reallyshows how big they are getting in comparison to your hand! That wouldbe so funny if they had those huge Flemish ears and only one of themflopped! I don't know as much about bunny babies as I do otherbabies....I know that kittens and puppies can be different in a litterbut that's because a lot of the time they have different fathers evenwithin the same litter. Can kits be as different within the same litterwhen they have the same father given that they have a mixed upbreeding?

Raspberry
RaspberrySwirl, that isn't my hand it is my little guys :pI'mnot big on fleece p.j.s with trucks, LOL! But yes they are getting big!I hope that they have ears like Stephanie's Abbey able to be erect orlop. I am not sure if they can be different but I am assuming some willtake on traits of Ben and some will take on the traits of Fergi,physically speaking. Pamnock will probably know if she takes a look atthis thread, else I will have to ask her, they all seem to have thesame coloring right now, all of them have a lighter ring around thiernose and it gets darker as you progress along their back.

Fergi's mom

Latest posts

Back