Dawarf feeding Habbits.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
If you are feeding a dwarf of 2 pounds just pellets and hay unlimited hay how much pellets would you feed. I am asking for the shelter.

I am going to help them get the rabiits on a good diet. Right now the rabbits get just pellets I am going to supply them with romaine lettuce but thats all I can afford so if you where feeding just pellets and unlimited hay and romaine lettuce 3 pieces a day.

How much pellets would you feed.

I am basing this off of weight I can raise from there accordiling but they always get small buns.

This would also be for a older bun all timothy hay and pellets I know for a baby.

I know a few people who breed Netherlands and they told me they feed 1 ounce per pound but for a pet rabbit I would think it should be less. It really depends on the rabbit, they are going to have to really just tend to what each rabbit needs. I have had Holland Lops for years and sometimes I have had ones that can stay nice eating 2 ounces and some that need over a cup even with hay.

Samantha

Is there a way to convert ounces to cups. I odnt have a scale that small and nether do they.

I think 1/8 of a cup would be enough. I found an 1/8 cup measuring spoon that is designed for measuring coffee. 2 tbsp is 1/8 of a cup.
I believe that the rule of thumb is 1/4 cup per 5 pounds of weight.

Latest posts

Back