Dash has gone to be with Brogan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all, I am once again crying as I do everytime I read these posts.

Last night I noticed that he wasnt going to the bathroom normally anymore, so I figured the steroids were wearing off. I said Ok well wewill wait and see what happens in the morning. So I went to bed, and 30minutes later my sister comes banging on the door and tells me thatDash is doing something weird with his head and is showing his teethand squeeking. So I went up to see him, I knew he was in pain, when hesaw me he tried to keep his head up but couldnt. Then he started likegasping for air, so I picked him up so he could get positioned better,it didnt help. He was laying on the towell trying to breathe and I said"Its ok now Dash, Brogan is waiting" and he passed away. I am just gladI was there with him when he died, I didnt want him to have to die atthe vets with all these needles. I wanted him to pass away where he wasmost happy.

RIP Dash, I can picture you and Brogan running free with out any legproblems and that makes me very happy :) My love to you and Brogan.

P6040225.jpg

aww hun! im so sorry for your lose but as i sayto everyone whos lost a gr8 friend they are in a better place andhaving fun as we speak! and i dont think he would of wanted you beingsad he woudl of wanted you to think of all teh happy and funtimes you all had together!! i will think of you and ya bunbun!!:rainbow::bunnyangel::tears2:

I do think of all the fun times :)

But it was really hard when I woke up this morning and went over to hiscage and he didnt come bounding and tumbling over everything to see me,I miss that.

~Amy

Oh Amy, my heart breaks for you. This has been aterrible week for the forum. When I read your other post about Dash, Ireally thought he was going to make it. Console yourself with the factsthat you did all you could, that he passed in the loving arms ofsomeone that really cared, and that maybe Brogan needed him as a friendand playmate more than you did.

I posted this once before for those that had lost a baby bunny.

A story from the Rainbow Bridge
Adapted from a story by Barb.

The bunny arrived at the Rainbow Bridge, and many rabbits rushed up togreet him. He braced himself, expecting a fight, but these were thefirst animals that binkied and kissed him instead of attacking him. Itwas beautiful here, and everyone was nice to him. None of them had beenborn in a bad place like he had, none of them had been neglected andleft to die in the cold and all alone, because they were less thanperfect, and had a torn ear and were not cute.

They explained why they were waiting... for their humans who lovedthem. "What is love?" the bunny asked, and God let him go back toearth, and find out.....

Warm, and dark, he squeezed in with the others and waited for the dayto be born. Scared, he held back as long as he could, but finally gotdragged out, by his hind feet. Hands without fur held him gently andrubbed him dry and opened his mouth and guided him to a warm nipplewith milk. He didn't get a good hold on it, because one of his big fatbrothers pushed him aside. The human hand moved the other bunny toanother nipple and held his body, so he could drink. "Ahhh, that'sbetter," he thought, and drank until his jaws got tired and he curledup to sleep next to his warm hairy mother. "I remember this," hemused... Too bad I'll have to grow up to be left out in the cold andrain to die. I remember what it's like, being unwanted." he thoughtsadly.

That night, he crawled up to his mother and tried to nurse, but he keptgetting pushed off to the side. When they were full, the big brothersand sisters got their bottoms cleaned and he finally latched on to anipple, but the human hands weren't there to hold him up, and therewasn't any milk in any of the nipples, anyway. He was weak and so tiny.It was even hard to stay upright, and he fell over on his back andcouldn't right himself.... but suddenly the human hands were there,holding him up and putting a rubber thing in his mouth. It didn't tasteor feel like mother, but it was warm and made the ache in his tummy goaway.

He was having trouble breathing ... His lungs weren't fully developed,because he had waited too long to join the others in the womb, as hetook one last run around at the Rainbow Bridge. He could feel theheartbeat of the human, who had laid him on her chest and covered himwith a soft cloth, keeping him warm, and soothing his boney body withgentle circling touches. He kept thinking of his new friends who hadbeen so nice to him at the bridge and asked God if he could go back.God said "Yes, but not just yet. You wanted to experience Love. "So forseveral hours (seemed like days but it was dark and he couldn't tellwhat time it was), the human supplemented his feeding and let himexperience the warmth of his mother's body and tongue, and the pile ofwarm soft littermates.

He got weaker, and the human held him more often, leaving thelittermates to sleep in a pile while he got caressed, kissed, and gotto listen to the heartbeat which was strong and loving. Finally Godcame back and asked, "are you ready to come back to the RainbowBridge?" "Yes”, he responded, with a little sorrow, because the humandidn't want to let him go, and was crying. He pushed the air out of hislungs and floated back to the Rainbow Bridge and looked back at thehuman, who was still crying and holding the limp body that he hadborrowed for his trip. "Thank you, God," he said. "Love is beautiful,and I will wait near the Bridge and let the human know, when shearrives, that I loved her, too."

Oh I'm sorry Amy......:(

I thought the wait and see approach was a good ideaand that Dash was regaining some movement. I leavethe forum for a moment and am shocked tosee what happened.

Please God have a special place for Dash at RainbowBridge, and let Dash and Brogen be thebest pals there.

Rainbows :angel:

I am so sorry that Dash passed away. I read howit went at the top of this page and my eyes welled up with tears (Don'ttell anyone, but it is not the first time that has happened whilereading this forum).

I wish you all the happiness that you can handle. I am glad that youwere with Dash when he passed on, and I hope that he did not suffermuch.

Jay

Amy, I'm so sorry. You've been throughso much. In their short time here, Brogan and Dash were lovedmore than most bunnies are in a lifetime.

Hang in there.

Hugs,

Laura

Laura wrote:
Amy, I'm so sorry. You've been through so much. In their shorttime here, Brogan and Dash were loved more than most bunnies are in alifetime.

Hang in there.

Hugs,

Laura
That is very very true.

Amy-

I know that none of the words i know could ever offer you any comfort,but just know that we all love you and support you, no one could havegiven him a better life....he and Brogan will be happy playing together.

Love,

Ellie

I'm so sorry. At least there will be somebunny to keep Brogan company:angel:

I can't believe I missed this. Amy, I am sosorry. I was gone for the weekend and I thought about you and Dash thewhole time. I'm glad you were able to be there for him as he died. Hewas very loved.

:sad:

Im so sorry. You really did your best. He musthave in great pain if he decided to let go. As a good bunny owner youarewonderful for recognising that he is in a happier placenow, although it must be so hard on you, i cant imagine how hard itmust be.

(((hugs))):angel:

Latest posts

Back