Dare I say it... Introducing Magic! Er Onyx, Er, well, I'll decide that later

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should Magic's name be?

• Magic

• Onyx

• Magic Onyx

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whiskeylousmama

Reaction score
Well, no pic yet, because she is not home yet, but this afternoon I will be going to pick up my new bunny baby. Well, not baby, Magic, as she is known now, is a "retired" 4H breeder. She never could keep her litters, and my friend is giving her to me as a pet instead of attempting another litter. She is an adorable all black Holland Lop. and she has been living in a hutch directly next to my Button's Mommy... It's a small world, my friend who got me Button works with my other friend's dad, and I never knew that button had come from Kathy's house! Crazy...

I didn't know anything about her except she was a black Holland Lop, until i met her yesterday. she's adorable! I couldn't wait to bring her home, but I had to... Stupid patience... I need more of it anyway...

She is about 4 years old, and before I knew she had a name, (I didn't know she was that old, I assumed she had a younger bun looking for a home) I thought the name Onyx would be perfect... now I kinda like Magic.... Magis Onyx? don't know... We'll see what strikes me when she's binkying around my livingroom!

Congratulations on your new bunner!
I like the name Magic, as in "Black magic"
Onyx is cool too, but less girly.

Other black names include: Sambuca, Jet (Black), "Hema" (as in hematite), Licorice, Pepsi, Soot (sooty), Voodoo, Velvet, Ash

She's home!!!

She's a wonderful calm bunny, hopping all over the livingroom. She appears to like to corner of the livingroom by the videos best, probably because there is more room to hide.

She's super speedy, so it's hard to capture pics, but I got a few!

100_1591.jpg

100_1585.jpg

100_1586.jpg

I definately think she's a Magic.

Awe...! What a little cutie!!! :pYou are so lucky with your new baby! I do like the name Magic for her. I do hope she settles in well with your routine. Or is it, that you settle in well with her routine? :D

myheart

She is so cute! Congrats!

She does look like a "Magic" lol.

I have a bunny named Magic too. He's also black, but with some white markings.

I think there's now 3 or 4 bunnies on the forum with the name Magic. :)

Emily

Magic is a fabulous name. I have a Magic too, she's not quite black but black and white and came to us by Magic (well, it was the gender fairy really) There's also another Magic on the forum (a black lop mix if I recall). Don't let that stop you from using the name. It really suits a black rabbit

PS. Sorry Emily, I just saw you posted earlier, I should have read the end of the thread

The name is really growing on me. I had Onyx in mind before I knew she already had a name... It suits her well.

I am mixing her pellets with the colorful junk mix from walmart because that is what she was eating, but she is eating all the junk and ignoring the pellets, so I tried feeling her just pellets, and she won't eat, so I went back to the junk... I'll try to wean her off bit by bit...lol it's frustrating!

And she doesn't eat hay! I don't know if she's ever had any before! She doesn't like the yogurt drops I have, nothing... just the crappy bunny mix... kinda like my roommate, all he likes is mcdonalds and cereal...

for the hay, try putting a bit of oats(not the quickie cook kind) in with them, Jamie loves that, he goes fishing for them, LOL! but he still gets some hay and maybe once she tastes it she'll decide she likes it! for the food, see if she likes banana/apple/strawberries/etc and mash up a bit and put it in with her food. just mix it all up together(the new, the old and the fruit). hopefully how much she likes the fruit will over ride her dislike(or whatever) of the new food.

she a real beauty:pink iris:, those are some great pics, most black rabbit pics i've seen give them a reddish or blueish tint, but these are great:thumbup!

LOL I have oats in her food, she skips them! as for fruit, I will try it, but those yogurt drops have a very sweet yummy smell to them, and she will have nothing to do with them either! (they don't taste nearly as amazing as they smell, curiousity killed the cat, not the bunny owner... besides, if I am expecting my bunners to eat it, then why would I not give it a try lol...)

Thanks for the suggestions, I will see what i can do.. She's a stubborn one!

not at all! LOL. It was kinda pasty and gross!!! But they sure do smell amazing! I could see her trying it and not liking it, but she wouldn't even try it! lol

She did however finally eat all of her pellets, but that was because I did not giver any more junk... And it took a little while...

she's becoming more of a lover bunny.

Latest posts

Back