Danger with Small NIC panel as well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclairemom

Reaction score
OMG I am so lucky that I checked on Pixie when I got home from the store today. I opened the door to the room where she is and her cage was all askew. My first thought was what had the dogs done but since the door was closed they couldn't have gotten in. I looked closer and there she was with her head STUCK in one of the squares :shock:. Lucky for her she must not have struggled too much and her neck is much smaller than her head or else she would have hung herself.

I felt sick as I tried to get her head back through and realized that was not going to work, then I remembered the pliers I had out when I put the cage together. Held her head and pressed the pliers between her throat and the wire and had to press down hard to cut the wire. Then said a little prayer as I pushed her head back through that she wouldn't start to fight and poke an eye out.

She was very lucky, I didn't panic and got her free and she is perfectly fine. We both had a very bad scare. I had just purchased a My First House cage to have in case I need a good portable cage, so that's gonna be her new home for a bit.

I am still shocked that her head fit through. She's not that tiny she's 2 months old. Her new cage will be impossible to get her head stuck. Glad my daughter didn't find her first.

I am still shocked that her head fit through. She's not that tiny she's 2 months old. Her new cage will be impossible to get her head stuck. Glad my daughter didn't find her first.

When I first had Layla I kept her in a super pet cage to get her used to me and to make sure she couldn't escape. After she got used to being with me I put her in her NIC cage and she wasn't able to fit.. Pixie must have been determined to fit!

This happened with my little bunn too. I had used the cubes as playpen And she put her head through but was able to get it out.She did it again And was actually stuck, so I have to pull her out. I delayed putting them in their dog crate for a week. But, I put a shower curtain liner higher than they can stand at the back And side,hoping they don't try to go through the bars, And it keeps the mess contained. We've had them 2 weeks now And they're geting much bigger. We have the cube playground which is about 48 " square. I have the playpen on the puzzle tiles with a canvas dropcloth that is under everything And folds back over the puzzle tiles. They have not peed
in the playgroud once, ans rarely poop in it. They usw their litterbox most of the time.

Latest posts

Back