Daisy's Injured

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
Last night when I had cleaned Daisy out and itwas time to go in her cage. I got Ryan to try and catch her. He gothold of her and started to cuddle her and she started darting her feetand scratching really hard to go down (this out-door bun hates beingpicked up), doing this she scratched her right foot on her left clawand gashed it. I was really panicked as she was bleeding. I bathed itwith some salt water and tried to keep her calm. While I was doing thisit made her even more freatfull and my poor girl was not happy at all.The bleeding stopped and it wasn't as bad as it looked, just a littlescratch. I was literally covering her with a towel to stop herpanicing. She has alway hated being held from being a baby but this isridiculous. I need to pick her up to put her back in after cleaning butIhate her panicing so much.

Anyway today you can't even see it now and she is in a slightly bettermood. She is eating and drinking well and I am confident she is fine.I'm stilla little shaken though. Has anyone got any idea's onhow to make her more sociable. She will come to you to get her out andwhen she is out she'll come for a stroke but thats as far as she willallow. I don't want to frighten her but it would be easier if she letus pick her up for grooming/cleaning etc. Thats why I always have Ryando it as his hands are so much bigger and he has more confidence isdoing it. He isn't around all the time though. I really need advice onhow to keep her calm when I need to pick her up.

Thanks

Vickie

How about making any time you need to pick her up a "really good treat time?"

Bo loves rolled oats and will do about anything to get tothem. Could you have a small amount in your hand when youwant to pick her up? Would she allow it then?

Yeah treat time sounds like a good idea, I willtry that. Her favourite is a yougurt drop or carrot. Perhaps if I holdone in my hand and then gradually pick her up until she will come ontome and then get it so she will let me pick her up, then I can give herthe treat when I have hold of her. Thanks

No problem! That's how I taught bo tocome to his name. I call him in a little cooing voice andsometimes I still use the oats just to reinforce the training, but he'sgood about coming to me most of the time now :)

Back