Daisy has crossed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tort

Reaction score
With a very heavy heart I am writing that Daisy has crossed. About an hour ago there was an accident and she didn't make it. I've had pets come and go but it is very different with her; she was my little rescue baby that didn't even know how to play when we got her. Dana is very upset and I'm dealing with my feelings as well.

All I wanted was for her to have a better life than what she had with her first owner. Now that has been taken from her and us after only a very short month.

pics of my precious little girl

100_5037.jpg
100_5036.jpg

Thank you all!!!

It was a very hard and long day yesterday and an even longer night with no or very little sleep for Dana and myself.

When we got everything under control we let our troop out to get some play time in. Koko and Nicky where searching everywhere for Daisy and Zamboni stayed close to me perched over my shoulder on the couch back. He was tugging on the shoulder of my sweat shirt and I just assumed that he wanted his nose scratched which I proceeded to do. All that got me was some very vicious head shaking so I literally turned my head and asked him "what?" at which I got some very loving kisses to my nose.

This combat hardened vet just lost it; I couldn't wipe the tears fast enough. I'm still in the same shape so I guess today will be long for Dana and I too.

Danaand I picked up Daisy's ashes Saturday, we had her cremated at "Peaceful Paws" in Vancouver, Washington. (Just a hop, skip and a jump from Portland, Oregon) She was presented to us in a small wooden box with an engraved brass plate. We received a cremation certificate, a pin, a rubber bracelet that says "Rainbow Bridge" along with a beautiful sympathy card with Daisy's pawprint stamped on it. So much more than I expected. Troy and I were both in tears as we drove home. It is amazing how these little creatures can tug on your heartstrings.

On a lighter note, we also got our two new babies today. The girl gave them away, because her and her boyfriend were getting married and they wanted to save money. They are 6 months old, and are fat and sassy, so cute, and already showing their personalities. I could tell they received a lot of attention, because they sought you out, stood at your feet wanting to be held. We were happy about that....

One of our boys, CODY is dark, almost black, hardly no mask, and the other boy (un-named at this time as I promised my 15 yr old son he could name our next ferret ,is visiting with his dad this weekend) is White with a black stripe down the middle of his back with a black tail.

They got a bath and their claws clipped. Our first day of introductions went well. Nicky and Koko of course had to play bully for a bit.

Pics coming soon!

Latest posts

Back