Daisy Days

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyMaeK

Reaction score
We have had Daisy for a week now, and she is 9 weeks old now. She seems to be adjusting very well, I have just a couple concerns. One being not using her litterbox, but sleeping in it, the other being chewing our carpet. This needs to be nipped in the bud soon, not sure what to do with her though. Anyway, here are some pics of our first week with her. I have not posted any pics yet so I'm not sure if I did it correctly, please let me know if they are too big and I will adjust next time. Thanks!

DSCN1666.jpg

DSCN1672.jpg
She likes my husband's Army boots

DSCN1673.jpg

DSCN1674.jpg

DSCN1675.jpg
Meeting her new "brother" for the first time

DSCN1676.jpg

DSCN1679.jpg
Aunt Stacy

DSCN1680.jpg
Our happy little family

DSCN1683.jpg
What a face!

DSCN1685.jpg
Loving her daddy

DSCN1686.jpg
Me and my little angel

DSCN1690.jpg
Hiding in the cutains

P1010602.jpg

Hi, your Daisy is Adorable.

Regarding her sleeping in her litterbox. Have you tried to put hay in it? For some reason Bunnie love to munch on hay while they do their business. It's worth a try.

Also regarding the rug chewing, can you maybe put cardboard in the area that she is chewing on? Or block it off with some NIC panels? Hopefully once she is spayed she will get over the rug chewing.

I also noticed you have cords hanging, may I suggest you cover them with something or block the area where they are hanging. When we first got Buttercup (and knew very little about rabbits) we went through many a phone cords.

Looking forward to more pictures of Daisy.

Susan:)

We have done some bunny proofing, blocking off sections of the living room that haev cords. I also put cardboard all around the underside of the couch because she discovered that she can play under there. As for the carpet chewing she had only been doing in one spot of the living room, so I put chew toys and a phone book there to chew on, but today she started chewing all over the living room. I don't know what to do, I can't block the whole room. And now I'm questioning if she really is a girl. I checked other posts on how to sex a rabbit, but I'm confused it looks a like both to me. I feel a little stupid that I can't tell.

To be honest, it's really hard to tell until they're about 4-6 months old, when testicles appear. Just call her whatever gender you like for now, and be prepared to change her name if you have to when "the gender fairy" visits.

I'm not sure about the carpet chewing, but as for the litterbox, try giving her two. With my Timmy, I had to try a number of different combinations and locations and we finally discovered that he likes his litterbox under his hay to actually use and a second, empty, litterbox in which to sit.

And if you can't seem to stop the carpet chewing and litter bix problem you cn alway ship that little cuty to me LOL:p

No she is so cute I want a dutch so bad its not even funny

I had to put storm litter box under his hay ben. When I changed his litter he would not use it for what ever reason

lol, well thanks for the offer but I think I'll keep my little naughty little girl. I'm going to change her box location tonight and see how that goes.

DaisyMaeK wrote:
Thank you! Its nice to have a place where I can brag about her and people don't think I'm crazy, lol.

You've come to the right site to talk about your bunny. Everyone here can't get enough stories or pictures ofeveryone's bunny's.

She is an adorable bunny.

Your little one is ADORABLE :hearts: I can't speak for everyone, but my experience has been that the carpet pulling gets better as they get older. Mine still try it, don't get me wrong, but it's not near as bad as it used to be. Good luck!!

Well its been about 2 weeks now since we got Daisy and she has been such a joy to our family. She has become a bit bratty, but I'm hopeing its just a phase, lol. (crossing my fingers) She is still pulling the carpet. Funny story about that. When she gets yelled for being naughty she gives me the sweetest look like "but mommy it wasn't me". Well she was pulling a few days ago and I hit the floor and yelled NO to get her attention. She of course gave me the sweet face and at the same time she had a piece of carpet hanging out of her mouth. It was so funny, I laughed and laughed, in fact I am laughing now thinking about it. I wish I could have had a camera on hand. Besides that still litterbox troubles, but those are really the only two things we need to work on. Going to our first vet checkup on Thursday, hopefully she gets a clean bill of health, and her nails trimmed! Here are some new pics from the past couple days.

P1010603-1.jpg

P1010599.jpg

P1010604.jpg

P1010606-2.jpg

P1010608.jpg

P1010609.jpg

I love the pics! Especially the chewing on the pants then the sweet face! I hope for your sake too that it's just a phase but my Dutch is a huge brat!

Latest posts

Back