Daisy aka Cutsie McNaughty

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyMaeK

Reaction score
Ok , Daisy is about 11 weeks old now and the last couple of days, she seems to be naughtier than normal. It started as just pulling the carpet every now and then, well now she has discovered the couch!:X Also when I take her out of her pen for playtime she seems to be giving me attitude. Please tell me this is just the start of her "teen" phase, and she will grow out of it.
:pray:

OMG!! Sounds like Mika and Sasha right now! They are about 13 weeks and have attitudes like crazy!! Sasha will grunt and thump any time she doesn't like what I'm doing--whether it is pertaining to her or not!! They chew up everything in sight, including my shoes!!! ARRGGHH!! Mika likes to nip me instead of lick me now! She used to be so outgoing and sweet, nowI can just hear her being bratty!! LOL! Mika is also having MAJOR problems with being picked up. She squirms and kicks until you let her go. I'm afraid she will hurt herself and I have to pick them up to get in and out of their cage for run time...

I'm with you! I hope they go back to thier original cutie pie selves soon--this naughty phase is tiring!!! :grumpy:

Oh geez, I am SOOOO glad I'm not alone in this thing. She is doing the same grunting and thumping thing. She used to love snuggling, now she doesn't. Ugh I really hope she grows out of this. I got her a deep cat bed thing to play and hide in, and put some hay in it. When she was playing with it yesaterday she was digging the heck out of it, biting it, and pushing the hay down in the cracks around the edge of the pad thing on the bottom. She's very entertaining and and crazy at the same time!

"Please tell me this is just the start of her "teen" phase, and she will grow out of it. " pretty much sounds like it...Smudge is going on 11 weeks now and he's getting a bit more mischievous...but he's a very low-key, laid-back kinda bunny - some of his younger siblings though are gonna be real hellions, lol.

OMG! This is us aswell, my boys are about 10wks old now and we are getting some interestig behaviour aswell! They are becoming quite different bunnys to what they were a few weeks ago, we too are getting wriggles when moving them between hutch and run and inside... this didn't used to be an issue!!! If you put their little round house in their hutch against the wall, one of them istantly pushing it out the way to get in behind it!!! Their paper gets torn to shreds, water dishes moved around, pellet dishes moved around, and Astro who was quite timid try to leap out of the hutch everytime you open the lid!!! I haven't had a lick from Poppy in ages, he used to lick you ALL the time... :-( I hope they do settle down but I imagine mine are going to get worse before they get better - they will get better won't they!?!?

I'm with y'all!!! Last night Mika had an absolute FIT when it was 'bedtime'. They had a nice little routine going...

After their run time around the bedroom, I say 'bedtime' 'bedtime' and they come running to their cage. They know that it's treat time! I let them smell the treats in my hand then pick each one up to put her in the cage--once they are in I tell the 'good girl' and give the treat. They've been doing this since I got on this forum and learned that I could train them! Now, Sasha wiggles a little but overall it's not bad. She just thumps at me after I put her down! LOL! BUT, Mika squirms and tries to jump and runs away now... she never used to do that. Bad thing is, I know it's going to get worse!!!! :X:pssd::grumpy: Bad bunnies!!!!

Aww, they'll get better - they'll settle down ('specially when you get them spayed/neutered)...my two 1yr.old buns are so much more mellow now than they were during their teen years...now I have one 2mos.old coming into her 'diva-teen' phase, and the little 1mos.brother isn't far behind.
It's ok though...I have a 14yr.old daughter (and a 19yr.old but she lives on her own now) and a 16yr.old son...and I know the buns teen phase is nothing compared to human teens, LoL.

p.s. and for sure it doesn't last nearly as long:rofl:

Latest posts

Back