Dairy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
I was just wondering how well rabbits do withdairy. A few mins ago I was sitting on my bed eating a pieceof pumkin cheesecake (that I made, and by the way is very very good :p) with whipped cream on top. Murphy, of course, was curiousand came up to me and sniffed it. He always sniffs my foodbut usually acts discusted and hops away. But this time hestarted eating the whipped cream. He only got like 4 licksbut I was wondering if whipped cream will hurt him at all. Idoubt it's good for him but how bad is it. I know someanimals do not digest dairy well but am not sure about rabbits.

So, will whipped cream hurt him?

Thanks

-Madelon

Interesting question babydoshia.

There was a time when yogurt was the answer from many vets for rabbitsthat were down and out. As of when my rabbits were having a hard time,I was told to stay away from it completely.

That said, I don't think the whipped cream he had will kill him, although, I wouldn't make a habit of it. ;)

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll look into it and seewhat I can find out, unless someone else here on the board knows -which is always a good possibility.

:)

Kisses to Murphy from his Cali Girl.

-Carolyn

Whipped cream is high in sugar, no? That would be enough to put it on a short list of bunny treats.

I think milk used to be used to make "mush" products for buns to eatprior to the advent of pelleted feed, so I suspect it may not be highlydangerous. Rabbit's milk is extremely rich and cow's milk isnot an acceptable substitute for kits because it is not asnutritional. I don't know its effect, if any, on adults.

Buck

Latest posts

Back