Daily Veg

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreatBritGirl

Reaction score
Just wondering what veg you feed your rabbits ona daily basis as i keep reading carrots have too much sugar, some veghave too much calcium etc etc so what do you give your rabbit each day?

I use veg as a treat as well as hes still getting used to me so want to know something its safe to give him

Hes been having some veg since i got him and im introducing it gradually so i dont upset his stomach

Cilantro is a good one and romaine is another. You can chop both and offer just a little as a treat.

Another healthy treat I give mine is plain shredded wheatcereal. It has no salt, no sugar and has some fiber. Mine go crazy forit. Hopi bit me the other day because I didn't put his in his bowl fastenough.

Tina

He loves Kale but i know he can only have alittle of it, he loves carrot and Broccoli hes not too mad on celerybut i might try the romaine lettuice and the wheat - is that likeshredded wheat type stuff with no added salt / sugar or anything likethat

It the shreeded wheat cereal like you would eat. No sugar no salt, no nothing.

This a pic and info on what I use. So you can see what I'mtalking about. I can't even walk anywhere near the box with all of minebegging.

Tina

My bunnies get about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of veggiesa day. They include: Parsley, Cilantro, Romaine, Collard, Mint, Basil,and Arugula. And then they get one mini carrot per week. My bunnieshave never reacted badly to this or had bladder sludge, but I wouldstill take it slow. My vet said that some bunnies do well with a lowpellet, high veggie diet, but others do not.

Every morning my bunnies get a veggie breakfast:romaine lettuce, endive, half a carrot each, some collards, parsley orcilantro, sometimes broccoli or a brussel sprout (it all depends onwhat I have, it varies). They get their pellets at nite and have hayavailable all day.

One bun, Zealand, had a bladder stone removed almost three years ago.It was then that I switched everyone to this particular "diet" program.She's had no problems since (keeping fingers crossed) and neither hasanyone else.

The shredded wheat thing sounds neat. I think I'll try that too.

Latest posts

Back