Dad finally got his wings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elf Mommy wrote:
It sounds like you have made peace with the thought that your father has moved on to a better place. I am sure he knew he was surrounded by love in his final days.

Yes, I did. He never wanted to be bedridden and a burden... he was too strong and stubborn for that.

He had a lot of love... even made peace with my mom, who forgave him as well.

The experience was as intense as welcominga new baby into the world...I am just grateful I got to share in his last days.

My sister had me read a book called Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss, MD and it was a life changing read for us.

Again, many thanks to all for your prayers. I am so lucky and grateful.

Denise

[[Huge Hugs]] I'm sure the next few days will be extremely difficult for your family as you prepare for his final arrangements. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

We are doing OK... wake tomorrow; funeral Thursday. The funny thing is I know physically he is not here but in his yard there are tons of "forget-me-not" flowers coming up in the lawn - took a picture of them on my phone so when I figure out how to post it I will... I will think about him and there was a break in the clouds here and the wind picked up gently... he's definitely here in spirit. :)

Denise

And, it is over - he is in his resting place... family and friends have gone home and I am headed home to get rabbit and horse therapy.

Denise

Yes... home again - cleaned cages... and Segal greeted me as only a buck can... just like a spin art machine he started whirling and before I knew it, he caught me right in the face...:censored2:

Denise

Latest posts

Back