Cute Bunny Garden

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lover_Of_Lopz

Reaction score

:biggrin2:THE BUNNY GARDEN:biggrin2:
I am going to grow a flower garden and I want my bunn to be able to eat itI want it to have flowers and stepping stones and it willhave fencing around it andI might order the stuff below.I cant wait to startI am going to put bunnySculptures in it here are picks:

087698_md.jpg

601399_md.jpg

601468_md.jpg

I want to plant these flowers but are they safe to eat for the bunns?

1.Bachelor's button

2.Cosmos

3.marigold

Thanks,Nicky&Bunns:D

Yes its sooo cute:inlove: do you know if the bunns can eat the flowers?

I'm not real sure about those. Here are some plants that I grow for my rabbits that you might like: lavender, thyme, sunflowers, raspberries (the leaves are yummy, just take any thorns off). Oh and dandelions, but I don't have to plant those on purpose. I also grow a lot of other herbs and veggies for them too.

Check in theVegetables thread in the Library for lists of safe things for rabbits to eat. You might be able to find more.

i looked it up and i canuse the Bachelor's button :biggrin2:

Herbs are great for bunnies, they love them, and they can be pretty easy to grow! Many will also provide pretty flowers. Mint, basil, parsley, dill, and cilantro are great. Ornamental Kale is also a good and pretty plant.

Buttercup lovesmarigolds. The bigger ones especially.

I didn't know they could eat ornamental kale, that's good to know, as it's really pretty too.

Susan:)

marigolds are on the DO NOT EAT LIST FOR BUNNS!!!:purplepansy:

I just checked on a few Rabbit safe food lists and Marigolds were on them.

I wanted to post the list on here but couldn't download a pdf file onto photobucket.

Hopefully one of the Mods can straighten this confusion out about Marigolds.

Buttercup has been eating them for years he's 10 1/2 years old.

Susan:)

My reading of the references we have in our Poisonous Plants section of the Library is that marigold is safe, although it may cause skin irritations (I assume if the bunny has sensitive exposed skin).
:)

Well, there's marigold, and then there's marigold. As in many plants, it's easy to get confused.
If you want them for your buns, make sure to plant what is also called "pot marigold", the Calendula species. They are safe to eat.
The other kinds of marigold, also called Common, Mexican, or French Marigold, are Tagetes species. Those are the ones that are considered not safe for consumption.

Thats such a great idea Nicky! Can't wait to see pics when its done!

Nice idea, I was thinking of sectioning off some of our veggie garden and planting some rabbit friendly vegetables in it, then let them have at it in the summer.

Their gonna be in heaven Gracie!! LOL Bless them

What a great idea!
Me and my sister are actually going to plant our bunny garden this year....we planned it a while back and never got around to it! :p
We're going to have as many bunny safe veggies/flowers as possible and use their manure for fertilizer ;)
Emily

When are you going to start making this bunny garden Nicky? I cannot wait to see it :D

Well I will need to wait until after summer heals from her fix then I will start getting the sculptures ready but I cant plant until it gets warmer;)so I would say maybe about 2 months:XI wish it would warm up sooner:cry1:eek: well I guess I can wait even if it seems like forever:po I forgot I am putting one of these in it to for Sophia don't know witch one though......

087691_md.jpg

(You will never be forgotten
For though we are apart
You are always and forever
Alive within my heart)

600855_md.jpg

I like this one(thinking of you in heaven makes you

seem so far away yet allthe love you left behind

is in our hearts to stay)

085641_md.jpg

Latest posts

Back