Cube Cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucy/Thumper wrote:
Welcome to the forum Your rabbit isprecious. OK folks, I've noticed that there are alot of people on this forum who's rabbits where ment for theirchildren. However, it is the adults that are on here all thetime! Hee heehee.:cool:

I found a new way to lock the door closed. My dogkept opening the door and I was worried about Mr. Wiggles getting hisneck caught. I it's called a cable clamp, think caribiner/zip tie.
wh5c8

[align=left]Megan[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]PS I used the smallest size[/align]

These work great! I use a round trigger snap .....

The two circular sides come together to make a circle around the cage wires.

114802-03.jpg

Thanks, Nepo - unfortunately I can't view the attachment pic of your bunny. :(

Raspberry Swirl: Aw, thanks. You can see why we couldn't pass him up atthe pet store. We tried to wait until closer to Christmas, but whenthis little guy was still there in that tiny cage 3 weeks later therewas nothing we could do but take him home. Your Sebastian is a darlingand a half...I've sure enjoyed reading all about him and his littlegirl!

Carolyn: Thank you and yes ma'am, no carpet! This is a fabulous forumand I am SO glad I was pointed to it early on in our Stanley adventure.:)

Mambo: Yeah, lops rule! haha They sure are cute lil buggers, aren't they?

Spiced 77: Oh, thanks for the soap advice! We got some and will be trying it out shortly.

Bo: Well, I'm a mom of teenagers so I have the "no" thing down pat :p...his mommy has a much harder time disciplining him. Looks like I getto be the heavy in this scenario! And you are probably right about thatlitter box-he fits in it now, but... We did get another one for his newcage, the elongated one, so we'll see how that goes. I wonder how bighe's gonna get?
Hey, I was thinking about those clips (my kids used to wear them ontheir beltloops with various characters and such hanging fromthem)...thanks for letting me know they work.

Megan: Thanks for the welcome, and everyone here DOES seem exceptional;in the advice area, character area, etc. I'm so glad to be here.
Those clamps are a great idea. We tried holding it closed with those hair clips last night, but that wasn't such a good idea.

Bluebird: These cages are such a neat idea!

Lucy: Haha, yes I noticed! Count me in...*rolls eyes*

Elf mommy: Aw, what a SWEETIE!

Loplover: Carbenier? Showing me ignorance...

Thank you so much everyone for your help in building our new cage. Wegot it all finished last night except for flooring - using cardboardand newspaper right now - and the clasp for the door. Thankfully, Idon't think he'll need ramps as he is jumping to his levels on his own.He had a great time 'helping' us build it, excitedly taste testing allof the panels and trying to steal the cable ties that we ended uphaving to guard with our lives. Unfortunately, because he was roamingin and out of the structure while we were building, he wasn't too happyabout being locked in it at bedtime. His mommy ended up on the couchbecause he was scrabbling on the cardboard and ripping up paper at 3:30this morning.
It's huge, at least for her tiny room, so it sticks out in the middleof the floor right now until we can figure out what to rearrange or getrid of to make it fit. Hopefully I'll get some pics of it today to postlater on.
Thanks again, everyone!

What is a cube cage and how would I go aboutmaking one? We built a rough cage for the boys but thatsneaky Pappy keeps escaping. I would like to have somethingfor them so they have plenty of roombut Pappyproof!! All of the large ones I find at the petstore are verypricey and still don't look very big.

Jen

Jems wrote:
What is a cube cage and how would I go about making one?We built a rough cage for the boys but that sneaky Pappy keepsescaping. I would like to have something for them so they haveplenty of roombut Pappy proof!! All of the large ones Ifind at the petstore are very pricey and still don't look verybig.

Jen

Hi, Jen ~ I'm no expert by any means, but here are some pics of the one we made.

cage2.jpg

It is made out of wire mesh panels that come in a 'kit' that makeslittle shelving units. Some of them are called Neat Ideas Cubes. I gotmine at Bed Bath and Beyond. You use cable ties (or zip ties as theymight be called) to secure them together. If you'll look at the threadcalled Cages Only you can see some pics of some other 'cube cages' --that's how I got the information on how to make them.

You can see that we haven't done the floors yet. Our brat bunny hasmade one horrific mess every night with the newspapers and cardboard.

dirtycage.jpg

I don't know if you can see it well enough, but we attached the newcube cage to the small Wabbitat we had already. We've only had thelittle guy and the Wabbitat less than a month so I was determined wewere going to use that cage!
Stanley likes the cage, but only if the door is open....here he is this morning doing his 'let me out' face.
letmeout.jpg

Actually I just found the cages thread and waslooking at it.Thanks for the info. I will belooking forthe parts. I like the looks of the cubecages. Roomy looking. The buns don't eat the zipties? I just love the look on Stanley's face-ya have to lethim out ;)- He's just so cute

Jen

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Surely this ploy works and you DO let him out?

Raspberry

letmeout.jpg

Are you kidding me? ALL his bunny ploys work, LOL! I get SO excitedwhen I wake up before his mommy so I can be the one that frees him fromhis domestic prison. *furtive looks* He luvs me, ya know. *snicker,snicker*

Jems wrote:
Actually I just found the cages thread and was looking atit.Thanks for the info. I will be looking fortheparts. I like the looks of the cube cages. Roomy looking.The buns don't eat the zip ties? I just love the look onStanley's face-ya have to let him out ;)- He's just so cute

Jen

Cool. I think they're really neat and I'm so glad everyone was postingtheir pictures. Stanley tried to eat the zip ties as we were puttingthem on, causing us snip off the excess post haste, and tried to chew acouple of the zip 'stumps', but after those first few taste tests hehas seen fit to leave them alone. I guess if the panels start fallingoff mysteriously I'll know he's up to no good again. ;)
That Stanley only sleeps in the domestic dungeon....he's had the run ofhis mommy's room since he got here, except for at night....you'd thinkhe'd be appreciative of the larger sleeping space...but, no, it's thescary bunny face for me if I don't let him out quick enough! Haha

Carbinners are relly things that people use forrock climbing to hold the ropes or somting(or so im told) butthey have resently market ones that are just for your keyes. They arelike these Giant metal Clip thinnges

(As if that explnation would make what they are anny clearer)

loplover wrote:
Carbinners are relly things that people use for rock climbing tohold the ropes or somting(or so im told) but they have resentlymarket ones that are just for your keyes. They are like these Giantmetal Clip thinnges

(As if that explnation would make what they are anny clearer)

I think that's a great explanation! I don't know if that's what I endedup getting, but it sounds like it. You can kind of see it in my cagepics, especially the big one.

Sunnysideup. What a great cage! You dida awsome job! good for you!! I wish I lived close to some of thesecreative people on this site. I would love to make a cage for my nextrabbit but probably could use some help! That is great. Boy,he is so cute. I just want to pick him up and kiss him!!

What a great cagesunnysideup! Sorry you can't see Nepo's picture, I don't know what'swrong, does this work? I hope to see more pictures of cute Stanley:).Maybe if you click on the attachment at the bottom of the post you cansee the picture.

Hi guys, I was browsing ebay.... these ebayersare so clever!! I'm looking for the discussion where everyone postedpics of their cube cages, I couldn't find it, does someone have thelink?

I wanted to post this picture...

xce8m

I thought that was the most clever door idea. Personally I preferhaving a large door because as you can see in previous pictures we liketo invite ourselves in to Mr. Wiggles cage. But I thoughtsomeone might like to use this idea.

Megan

Back