CRY!!! My Girls are fighting and now they are hurt.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2snowbunnies

Reaction score
All of the sudden this morning, Flake started trying to mount Ball. 2Females. Well they started fighting. I broke it up left the room and then heard all hell break loose.
I went in to find an all out ECW Brawl.

I have them separated. But they each have injuries.Ball has a dime size bald patch, and flake has a tiny laceration outside the corner of her eye.

Neither are spayed and I guess this was coming. I'm saving.

Question: What can I do to treat the injuries?

Will my babies have to be separated till the are fixed? Am I going to have to rebuild the cage AGAIN. SIGH. I am so sad.
They loved each other so much...........

Sadly this is common with baby rabbits. I'm sorry it had to happen to you, but at least they don't sound like they're hurt badly. They will need to stay separate until they recover from their spays, but it will help to keep their cages next to each other. Just be aware that some rabbits love to fight through cage walls with each other, so keep a few inches in between.

You can put a little Neosporin (not Neosporin Plus!) on the wounds, and keep a close eye on them. Since they're small that's all they should need. Do check them over several times in the next few days though. It's easy to miss a small cut in all that thick fur. Then continue to keep an eye on the wounds until they're fully healed, to make sure they don't become infected.

Hi! Yes I'm doing the neosporin and keeping a close eye.

For the rest of that day one(Ball) was aggressive toward the other(Flake). Aggressive mounting. Poor Little Flake could not understand why her sis was being so mean.

But now after I separated them they are all lovey again. I don't leave them alone unattended but right now they are ok.

It was horrible to witness them fight. Those little legs pack a powerful punch!

I thought I had more time to spay them. They aren't even 3 months old yet.

Its only one that got nasty. I don't know what happened. but they will be spayed soon. Till then they have separate bedrooms.

They hate being apart and the aggressive one is now fine and trying to tend to the victims wounds. Seems she is sorry. It is very sweet.

All hope is not lost. My two girls fought in the beginning when they were going through that special time in the month when they were first sexually aggressive. They then stopped doing that. The little one would still mount the larger one, but the larger one would just "hurrumph" at her and hop away.

In our area there is no one willing to spay a female due to a lack of success rate they've had. I did not want to take the chance of losing one of my girls under an inexperienced knife so I let them goau-natural. They only had that one fight, which luckily forme (and them) did not lead to injury, but they learned how to deal with the issue themselves without my butting in.

Latest posts

Back