Crumble's Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
[align=center]So... When I got my lil Crumble, my whole intention was to try to bond him with one of the girls and move him outside. However, certain things are certain to make me doubt myself so I decided to spruce up his home and keep him inside for a while longer. I feel I can better monitor him while I adapt to his teeth and his diet, etc.

Anywho, I was trying to figure what I would use for the flooring. I have a big blue tarp but it's not smooth, it's sort of threaded so I figured he would start chewing it if he figured to lift it by scratching at it and that made me nervous. Tile wasn't an option because it's a temporary emplacement and the way the setup is, I can't have an elevation off the floor. Hmmm what to do, what to do. Aha! Vinyl flooring! Bingo. And guess what?! It was on special at 3.29€ per m2! Woot!

This is what it looked like before, when we first setup:

DSC06572.jpg

And here's what it looks like now:

DSC06577.jpg

DSC06578.jpg

DSC06579.jpg

DSC06580.jpg

Used hooks and a dowel to make a place to hang toys from:

DSC06581.jpg

Rolo's old nestbox is now Crumble's bed, since she doesn't use it:

DSC06582.jpg

Crumble exploring:

DSC06583.jpg

DSC06584.jpg

We used extra playpen panels and tie wraps to close the base of the guinea pig cage we built. The two front panels open up, and I can attach the rest of the panels to create an extension so he can have twice the space to run (the cage space is 120cm x 60cm, so double is quite nice to bunny500 in!) Maybe in the futurehe will get to run around in the room as well.I use binder clips to shut the doors:

DSC06585.jpg

The piggies are on top (Bit bland as we are still working on their castle!):

DSC06576.jpg

This is a quick view of my hobby/pet room to show you how closeby I can sit and how we manage to make a small space work) Oh and you can see the air purifier. Such a tiny handy thing!:

DSC06573.jpg

So anywho, I am sooooo thrilled with the way it turned out. I will try to put in a 2nd level to make things interesting but for now, for something that is supposed to be temporary, I must say, I am very happy with it. It's nothing special, but it's coming up with the ideas to make this work that I am proud of. Lol.
[/align]

I think it looks great! I also like the little pillow you have for him in his bed! (It is a pillow, right? The green, blue, and yellow thing in the box?)

Definitely turned out nice! Really thought out. You definitely should be proud of what you accomplished for Crumble. Please post once the piggies castle is done. They are cute too BTW. Love to see what you come up for them.

Thanks for sharing.

K:)

Can you come help me???:)

I am supposed to pick up a bun on Wednesday. Just heard from the breeder and all is well and could actually pick up any time now. Of course, I would love to run off right now but still need to get the cage finished. Sitting here trying to come up with a temporary solution.

You did a wonderful job!

Thanks everyone. So far it's working out really well. He's quite the attention-seeker so I have to leave keep the run attached quite a bit so he can come out more to see us better. He's finicky about this litter corner, which is a really good thing. Means I have to cleandaily which helps both of us. He hasoutsmarted the hay rack and pulls it away from the cage side so the hay simply falls from the bottom rather than bother to pull it through the squares. Can't blame the guy. Lol.

PaGal, sure, I can try and help! I would need a bit more info though. What do you have on hand, where do you plan on keeping your bun? I am sure we can all help you find a good way to keepyour bun :)Give us a few more details and we'll help you get on it. Oh and you can check out the cage thread too (if you haven't already), perhaps that will give you some inspiration as well! :)

Thanks! I just hope it can give people ideas for theirs! I have built and had many cages over the years but I must say, I think this is my best bunny setup to date. I just kneel, vacuum, wipe quickly with a sponge, and refill and I am done!

I'm happy I took pictures... Crumble had knocked his little stacking tower down and I tried to reassemble it... AND DIDN'T KNOW HOW!!! :embarrassed::laugh:

Back