Crochet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can sort of crochet, but I'm better at knitting. I can't follow crochet patterns to save myself, but on youtube there are some great videos. They have slow motion to show you exactly what to do.

i can crochet, well i can do a blanket, i cant read a pattern, and dont understand most crochet related lingo,lol. I was taught a blanket and that was about it, the blankets arent all that great but the kids never seemed to mind,lol

I like to crochet! As soon as the weather starts getting cold, the urge to crochet hits me again. It's pretty easy to learn how to do, I know how to knit also and I think it's easier than knitting. Last year I taught a bunch of people how to crochet and in addition to showing them individually, I used this web site:

http://crochet.about.com/library/blbeginners.htm

Before you do anything fancy, you should probably make a scarf. Scarves are simple and let you perfect your stitch since you do the same one over again. You'll get your speed up and learn how to make even rows. Once you have that down, you can move onto harder things. There are all kinds of resources online for how to make more difficult stitches, complete with photos. And really, none of the stitches are difficult that I've seen, they just take more steps! Also, if you make a scarf, I recommend choosing double crochet as the stitch you use instead of single crochet because it will go a lot faster that way.

Good luck!

I both knit and crochet and find crocheting easier and faster. I just used an old 1960's book to teach myself. There are tons of free patterns on the Internet. Just do a search for free crochet.

I really like the patterns at this site - they are unique and funny. http://www.monstercrochet.com/

i knit and can crochet a little. i like knitting better and i'm better at it. i knit continental, which i think is easier than the other way, you don't have to move your hand as much:cool:

good luck learning:clover:!

I think crocheting is easier than knitting but I like both. I had to have my aunt teach me because it is easier to learn when someone is hands on with you I think.... I bet youtube would help alot though!

Aly!:)

Latest posts

Back