Crits on the pick up?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

introoder

Reaction score
kiddoside.jpg
kiddoside2.jpg

kiddoforward.jpg

Yaaaay. Lots-a-Hop's Kiddo. My buck. Random pics of him not posing. LOL.

Allllright. Now here's the pick ups from a couple weeks ago.

lilysideways.jpg

lilyforward.jpg

Rainy Hill's Lily
Brood doe. Got a weird scar in her eye. The picture above is REALLY dramatic. Her head tilted a little, and it really pops out right there. We think someone bit her, or a piece of hay caught in her eye at the rabbitry we bought her from.
Crits on her? I bought her for $60 or so. I'm thinking I'm going to sell her off for the same. I thought I was going to be able to use her, but I just don't want her type and fur haunting my lines. She'll be replaced with, hopefully, a show doe that can get a career in before breeding.

69foward2.jpg
69forward1.jpg

69REALFORWARD.jpg

Lots-a-Hops Seduction
I like her, personally. She's fat, and cuddly, and cute, and i luffs her. She's also my main nursing doe. She's pregnant with her one litter currently, of four or five, and will hopefully be able to take on the one baby that Lily is pregnant with, so Lily can leave my rabbitry ASAP. Sadie's fat. I haven't weighed her, but I'm thinking about four pounds. A false dwarf, obviously. I need opinions on her type. I can't decide if I want to keep breeding her or not.

And then theres Beatrix. But she's not wanting to pose period. She's biting me, kicking. Just really not wanting to be around me right now.

OOOH! I'm babysitting a rabbit for the week. I have no idea how to pose lionheads... And when I tried to pose him, he bit me. (He's not uber friendly to me...) But here's two pics.
oscarside.jpg
OscarForward.jpg

yaaaay. =D

irishbunny wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
nicolevins wrote:
Really cute!

1st one looks like a californian(mix?)
Looks like a PB netherland dwarf to me, and quite a nice one at that :)
It's a sable point Nethie, I believe. They all are.
Yup they are
LOL. I got really confused for a second. I thought I threw all my siamese sables up there. Then I realized that it's just my Sable Points. LOL.

Lily just got sold for $65. I gained one kit, and lost about $30 on her. Who knows what'll happen though. XDDD

Not really a colour I know much about. what age is the buck? he seems a little long in body ( which is something most nethie breeders struggle with you can make them look shorter depending on how you pose them tho ;) )

the second ones coat doesnt look a great colour to dark I think personally tho I prefer the head on the 2nd one to the last doe. her body doesnt complement her head very well. I always look for balance between the head and body also you don't get a lot of points for colour over here so type should always come first!! you tend to get an awful lot of pet quality rabbits from a big ugly doe and not so much thats great for breeding/showing with imo

I do love the ears on all 3 rabbits they are nice and straight and well furred which is important on nethies to often a lot of times the ears are bowed or not very well furred.

Its worth while looking at the babies you get from each litter as that will give you a better idea which one you want to keep. Its so dependent on whats in them genetically so sometimes the doe may not look that good but genetically she is carrying well :)

Hope thats a bit helpful. not trying to be horrible or anything just trying to give you honest crit and remember its only my opinion :D

edited to add all 3 seem to have an ok width of skull :)

polly wrote:
Not really a colour I know much about. what age is the buck? he seems a little long in body ( which is something most nethie breeders struggle with you can make them look shorter depending on how you pose them tho ;) )

the second ones coat doesnt look a great colour to dark I think personally tho I prefer the head on the 2nd one to the last doe. her body doesnt complement her head very well. I always look for balance between the head and body also you don't get a lot of points for colour over here so type should always come first!! you tend to get an awful lot of pet quality rabbits from a big ugly doe and not so much thats great for breeding/showing with imo

I do love the ears on all 3 rabbits they are nice and straight and well furred which is important on nethies to often a lot of times the ears are bowed or not very well furred.

Its worth while looking at the babies you get from each litter as that will give you a better idea which one you want to keep. Its so dependent on whats in them genetically so sometimes the doe may not look that good but genetically she is carrying well :)

Hope thats a bit helpful. not trying to be horrible or anything just trying to give you honest crit and remember its only my opinion :D

edited to add all 3 seem to have an ok width of skull :)
He's 9 months old. I've gotten many more comments on him being long in the shoulders, rather than the body, but he's just generally long. LOL. He's still a tad smutty, compared to some SP's I've seen, but he tends to do decent on the tables. He's only been beaten out for BOV once. And if he gets beaten for BOG, it's usually via a tort (which makes sense. I see a LOT of nice torts, but not a lot of nice sable points. t.t;)

Color's worth 15% of the total score here. It makes it so I wouldn't show the dark, smutty rabbits unless I was at a show where I knew I was going to be the one with the only sable points, just to get defaulted the BOSV.

I was thinking about keeping Lily, the second one, but she's just not pulling her weight. She only has another year or so of breeding left, and I'm only allowed to breed a doe twice a year (compared to the four that I'd like to do.). Even with taking so well, I'm thinking she either didn't take, or has one. (Palpating made me think the latter, but idk.) I also know all the rabbits in her ped but her mother. They all come from my 'mentors' rabbitry, for the most part. Old lines, that died out because frankly, they were just being beaten by the new ones. The first one and the third are from the new lines. (The third has a whopping 150+ legs on her ped. O.O;)

The third one is my 4H fit and show bun. She just sits there. And sits there. And doesn't move. Which makes her perfect. XDD Even if she doesn't produce well, I'll keep her around as a nurse doe. I heard nursing is the most taxing part on a rabbit, and that false dwarfs are more apt to handle it. It'd rather keep my well producing buns in tip-top shape, then to wear everyone out too quickly.

Thank you, though! Crits like that are what I'm looking for, for sure.

It's a shame you are limited to the amount of times you breed them a year. Nethies are horrific for storing fat which leads to them either not having a litter or having pencil kits a good tip is to cut their feed right down for 2 weeks before mating they tend to have much more success that way.
We don't have a lot of that colour over here though one of my mates imported some from holland. They are hard to get the colour right I will look forward to seeing your litters though ;)

Latest posts

Back