Critique?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so i'm not sure if this would go here, but I'm asking for a critique from Holland people on two of my rabbits. I'd just like other opinions on their faults, though I think I can see what could be improved. Sorry for the less-than-great photos, they weren't cooperating!

The first is Finn, a 12 month old Holland Lop buck. He was bred here, from my sister's buck and my mom's false dwarf doe. He was a very nice baby, I think, but he's looking more and more gangly as he ages instead of filling out and bulking up...
DSC01319.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

The next is Pepper, my younger sister's 2 year old Holland Lop doe. She got her from a local breeder who's buck (her sire)went 1st in a large class of solid sr. bucks. She was a nice looking jr. but (thanks to my sister) is now a pretty fat lazy lady ;)
DSC01332.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

It can be hardto evaluate rabbits from photos, but I think theyboth look like nice animals. The buck is a little long in body - the doe is rather long in body. His crown is slipped rather far back, but he appears to have a rather nice head.

A good breeding goal would be to add some very short, heavy boned animals to your herd.

Pam ~ ARBA Judge & Holland Lops for over 16 years :)

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Thank you! Just a quick question --it's pretty hard to get Finn into a proper "pose" and I couldn't do it at all with Pepper, is this because of the length of their backs? I'm planning on going to the Ohio Mini Convention and looking for some rabbits to add there, so I will definitely keep that in mind! Pepper's my sister's, so it's really up to her whether she's bred or not, but i'm leaning towards not doing it...

Latest posts

Back