Critical Care as a supplement?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhill711

Reaction score
My lil girl (11 weeks today) is on just hay and water and critical care per vets orders. She has a mild case of GI Stasis and her stomache get gassy/bloats everytime she is given pellets or veggies :? so my question is now that her belly is getting back to normal can I give her critical care on a daily basis (once a day) to supplement the vitamins she is losing from just eating the hay? She does fine on the critical care (she loves it) but backs up on pellets etc. Is it just for emergency use only? I really want her to have everything her growing body needs and although the vet says she can survive on hay alone I feel like she needs more?

Ok, I'm not an expert, but when Kiwi lost Citrus, she didn't want to eat hardly anything. I was giving her a spoonful every night of critical care until she got her appetite back. My vet didn't see anything wrong with doing that. Kiwi looked forward to it everynight! She never got diarrhea from it.

Back