Crazy crazy bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bex&2buns

Reaction score
I have two beautiful (cheeky) buns, Willoughby is about... 10-11 months and Daphne is about 8-9 months. (not really sure though).

They are very quirky and fun, but lately they have been going crazy! They are both girls (we found that out AFTER we named Willoughby! lol).

Willoughby will scratch in their cage crazily for ages! And then he will go and try to round up all the hay in their cage and start building a little weird nest thing. He will use paper, cardboard and hay to make it and he really looks quite crazy in his eyes when he does it.. He will also pull hair off Daphne to do this, she doesn't seem too bothered by it but it worries me.

Similarly Daphne also does the same pattern to Willoughby, I just thought it was a phantom pregnancy etc. but they do it quite often. Neither of them are de-sexed and I have no plans to.

Was considering getting another rabbit (possibly a male) but was worried how the other two would go with a male..

Can any body help me out with what they are doing>? Should I be worried or is this normal...

if ur sure that they are both girls ..then their just doin the false nesting thing...are u removing their nest too quickly ,which will make them frantically rebuild another one...my Redrum went into overdrive when she was nesting...she was insane!..non stop forever and she built a very elaborate nest ...it was awesome..so ur gonna get another intact male to mix with the 2 unspayed females ...what do u thinks gonna happen?..:)

I never touch the nests, Willoughby never seems happy with his nest, he seems to wreck it then re do it. Its just really constant now!

We are thinking about getting a male, but we will get him de-sexed. Its really expensive here to get it done (can be upwards of $150!).

Latest posts

Back