Craisins are Da Bomb!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
I just have to say, I am so very glad that thesethings exist. Since I've begun feeding them to my buns as a treat, I amvery popular around the house. :p

It's made giving Valuran his pills SO much easier. I was grinding themup, but now all I have to do is bury a pill in the cranberry and hegobbles it down begging for more.

All hail the Craisin! :p

Do you guys get the kind with sugar? Because the only one's I've been able to find have sugar added :?

I got them in the natural food section.

They don't get them daily, except for Valuran because I need someway togive him his Baytril easily. I also have raisins on hand for the othertwo. Hard to give one bunny a treat and not the other two, when they'reliterally climbing on me to get to them. lol

Yeah, that's where I was looking. Therewas one display of dried cranberries that was out of stock, I'llhave to go back and check that. All the rest had sugar. I'd really liketo get some for them, it's time they worshipped me for once! :X

:p

Craisins are a huge hit with all the critters atmy house.... my buns each one i give them, my Chinchillas relishtheirs, and my rats love them too! I even have to buy a special bag ofthem for my hubby and daughter!!!

I never paidattention to the "sweetened" part. I just bought craisins. I don't giveSebastian enough of them to make a difference. I treat them as a treat,so I'm careful about how many he gets. These are the ones we get. Theseare the ones that BunnyMommy told me about...Sherman is addicted also.He will give his kingdom for craisins! :dude: I thought aboutpicking up the off brand last time but since it took us 6 months to gothrough a bag of these I figured it didn't really matter.

Raspberry

Craisins.jpg

I'd never heard of Craisins until I came on this forum!

I haven't tried them with my bunnies because my parents keep spoilingthe bunnies by drying pineapple, apple chips, and even making our ownraisins (no joke).

I bought the same one as you have Raspberry theother day, for the first time. When I went to give some to Floppy , Inoticed they were Strawberry flavoured and thought ohhh ohhh because hehas never had strawberries before. He was reluctant at first to takeone, but once he did he loved it. I never thought about the sugareither, and just checked. They do have sugar in them, but like you saidthey are only for treats so it should be okay.

Carol

Dryingfruit...paying attention to the bunny...checking to see if I'm stillBREATHING! Sorry, I got sidetracked...:?

I use the same kind as Raspberry as well and thebuns LOVE them. I haven't been able to find any without sugar though. Ithink that they naturally have sugar in them so I doubt you can avoidsome sugar content.

I agree, All Hail the Craisin!

Fergi's mom

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Drying fruit...payingattention to the bunny...checking to see if I'm still BREATHING! Sorry,I got sidetracked...:?
LOL! I wish my parents wouldn't! You should see all the treats we havefor them now. And it's harder than heck to ensure the bunnies don't gettoo many treats because everytime I hid the treats, they just dry more!

I'll come down and make sure your still breathing :pand I can bring some dried fruit, lmao. ;)

I actually always thought craisins were raisins, you know made out of grapes. Is it ok to give a bunny raisins?

I don't know whynot. I think a lot of people do and I think grapes are on the approvedlist too. I'd have to check for sure but I don't know why they wouldn'tbe.

Raspberry

OoOoooo....one of the kitchen appliances I reallywant is a dehydrator! I'd go to town on it, with beef, and all kinds offruit. One of those things I won't have for a while though, not that Ihave room for it right now anyway. I have one of those fully stockedkitchens, and that's not even including all of my stuff in VT! :p

I'm with Raspberry, I don't give my rabbits many of them. Once Veyveyis done with his meds, I won't even give him any once a day anymore.It's just the easiest way to give him those pills.

Oh! Oh! I have an idea! We will have a contest at the BunnyBoathouse party for who has the cutest, softest, black, boy bunny whosename starts with a V.....whoever wins will win a dehydrator!!!!

Raspberry

But Valuran's grey. . . :?

I win!!! :D

Latest posts

Back