Craigslist Flaggers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OakRidgeRabbits

Reaction score
:shock::shock::shock:

Does anyone else have issues with CL flaggers? It seems like they are getting INSANE on my local CL, flagging anything even related to rabbits. A friend of mine posted an ad looking for exercise pens for her pet rabbits and they flagged it.:shock:

I guess they have nothing better to do than sit around and strip all happiness from domestic rabbits.:p Sheesh!

Ours do sometimes. It's usually other stupid stuff the flag.

You should look at the site RabbittalkinOhio.com ? They just have show dates for Ohio and surrounding states, and you can post yourself in the breeders section and its free. Its how I found most my Harlequin peeps.

Think the real problem is they misread some times and react without understanding. I had a post here a couple of weeks ago that got slammed by someone with poor reading comprehension. Before I could respond, several others blasted away--I sent a private message concerning reading comprehension and what my message was about. Got a public and private apology. I always think about Randy Newmans' song "Short People" It was about the irrationality of prejudices, but some people with marginal listening skills thought he didn't like short people and lambasted him over it. It would almost be funny if it wasn't such a common and sorry turn of events.

yeah especially if you are trying to rehome a rabbit or any animal for that matter. i often get told that they are not a part of livestock. yeah right i get told the same thing about horses and cattle. there are just those people that have nothing better to do than flag. but yet if i flag someone for animal abuse or slandering someone it won't go off.

I've had that problem a LOT in kentucky. I will post there with my pet quality, mismark dutch bunnies. but it only flags my posts if there's images in it. my post to sell one of my arabians is still up and still getting replies.

Yeah and then they pitch a fit about putting a rehoming fee to insure a good home or if you have to rehome one due to wrong sexing or whatever else the reason. I don't get people sometimes

Blaze_Amita wrote:
I've had that problem a LOT in kentucky. I will post there with my pet quality, mismark dutch bunnies. but it only flags my posts if there's images in it. my post to sell one of my arabians is still up and still getting replies.
Really? That's interesting, I wonder why.

I always assume that a pic helps get more responses, especially for pets, since they can see the cute little faces. So I usually post a picture. But maybe I'll try it without too and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion!

Even though I breed my rabbits, I'm not mass producing or anything. So it really irritates me when I post a rabbit or two every couple months and get flagged for it. I realize it says no breeder sales, but I don't feel like a small rehoming fee really equates to a sale. If I wanted to actually SELL a rabbit, my outlet wouldn't be CL. lol

Meh in my area you can blatantly sell any animal you want except cats and dogs. $50 speutered cats and dogs get flagged as a sale but a $1000 snake/bird/fish/whatever is perfectly fine. Even illegal animals like hedgehogs, ferrets and sugar gliders are fine.

okiron wrote:
Meh in my area you can blatantly sell any animal you want except cats and dogs. $50 speutered cats and dogs get flagged as a sale but a $1000 snake/bird/fish/whatever is perfectly fine. Even illegal animals like hedgehogs, ferrets and sugar gliders are fine.
hedgehogs, ferrets and sugar gliders are illegal? Wow, they're all over my craigslist.

They are on mine too. even bearded dragons. IDK people don't care about those though but a little rabbit OMG call the presses. Really people? lol. I am gonna put this site on my craiglist for people thinking of getting a rabbit or already have a rabbit. maybe we can protect some of these rabbits and get others to leave adds aloone, if they know how much we love our rabbits.

Phoenix CL Is the worst. If you ever want to a huge disregard for the pet overpopulation and mass breeding of toys dogs and pitts, go there. There arent enough flaggers to keep up with it. It's funny though, the $560 puppy doesn't get flagged but the $100 snake with supplies does.

Farm and garden is the ONLY place I list rabbits. Even if I'm actually re-homing one or helping to find a home for one who is not being sold and isn't pedigreed.

Putting it up in the pets section for a rabbit with a pedigree for sale is asking for trouble since it's against the rules. It may sounds stupid since the pet section is destroyed but I don't want to be one of people who help ruin it.

EDIT: It depends on the state what is legal and is not. AZ says its fine to have sugars but not hedgehogs. States vary.

Blaze_Amita wrote:
okiron wrote:
hedgehogs, ferrets and sugar gliders are illegal? Wow, they're all over my craigslist.
California :p

i did put it on there for people interested in getting a rabbit, have a rabbit, or love rabbits to check outthis site. I'll probably get flagged oh well

I haven't been flagged as of yet and its on the pets section. maybe we will get some more ducated rabbit reeders out there. KNOCK ON WOOD!

I understand when posts from breeders selling animals are flagged in the pet section, or very high "re-homing" fees, since both are against the rules. It can get out of hand though, all the flagging, to the point genuine posts are taken down. If you are posting rabbits/babies for sale and want to do it through Craigslist than you should do it in the livestock section where sales are allowed.

i think most of the flagged ads on my cl are from people selling their pets over a 100$...i put a post up about my friend pit/boxer mix and that got flagged a few minutes after being posted. i think people like wasting their time and flagging ads all the time. i did flag someone once who seemed like a backyard breeder..or puppy mill....a long haired blue merle chiuahua for 600$ and shes had a couple litters

I should mention that this is not just in the pet section, they'll flag in farm & garden too. I've contacted CL about it many times with no response.

yeah it is in farm and garden and many of the others but CL will do nothing about it I've tried for years to no avail. some people will even email you saying you add is wrong and that they will kick you off craiglist if you don't change it of course that hasn't happened in a couple years. My last major attack was when I was selling my $h lambs that didn't make weight for fair for meat pets breeding since they were ewes. Hello they are 4H lambs that is what they are raised for its sad beleive me I cry every year but you just have to move on there is no not loving and getting close to the animals. but we move on we cut part of the steers tails to keep before we have to load them on the trailer. But we get attacked all the time. not on CL anymore but all the time from people in the public. anyway sorry that was kind of a rant. sorry.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Blaze_Amita wrote:
Really? That's interesting, I wonder why.

I always assume that a pic helps get more responses, especially for pets, since they can see the cute little faces. So I usually post a picture. But maybe I'll try it without too and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion!

Even though I breed my rabbits, I'm not mass producing or anything. So it really irritates me when I post a rabbit or two every couple months and get flagged for it. I realize it says no breeder sales, but I don't feel like a small rehoming fee really equates to a sale. If I wanted to actually SELL a rabbit, my outlet wouldn't be CL. lol

Thats why I post under farm and garden I don't have problems with getting flagged under their and I get plenty of responses for pets.

Agreed. I have posted in the Farm & Garden section, and have been flagged in there as well. I ask a small rehoming fee in both the Pets & Farm & Garden section, it's what I ask for all my rabbits, regardless of pet/show/brood. About $30 to $35. I don't see how that's too expensive, I see mutt puppies for hundreds of dollars, and I'm not stating I'm selling, or that I'm a breeder, I always say "so and so is looking for a good home, and I'm asking a small rehoming fee of $XX to insure they go to a pet/4-H home."

Sometimes I get flagged, but the majority of the time I don't, which is why I'm always suprised when I do. :/

Emily

ETA: Grammar.

Latest posts

Back