Craigs List

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBunch

Reaction score
You know, I feel so torn about this place!! Its a great resource when you need something local and cheap. But for that same reason its a bad place. Today I came across 2 posts in the pet community section that struck me! One is a very caring and loving gentleman that was seeking help to get his VERY ill ferret operated on to save its life... This was responded to by an equally kind stranger that called around to local vets, made an appt. for said ferret, and paid for procedure. Which in turn saved the poor critters life! Then there on the same date and page is a guy who states that he is seeking a home for a pet bunny. He states he wants $30 o.b.o., or will trade for cell phones. Also, and here's the kicker, if bunny doesn't find a home by end of today he's going to let it free. I called this guy hoping it was fixed and we could"save" it by joining it with our three and fostering till a suitable home came along. Also hoped I was misunderstanding his post. Nope! Story is that he has raised the bun from a babe. Got a couple dogs don't know how long ago, but they are a ger shep and a husky. Husky is trying to eat bunny, and chases it all over. Bun is very stressed. So he decided today it (the bun) has got to go, and not any day, but has to go TODAY! Tried reasoning with him, but he wants money or cell phones for bunny... or the bunny "get's it!" dum dum dUM!!! I hope God has got a plan, cause i'm all out. Its not fixed so we'd have to keep it in a seperate spot in our apt., but hubby says don't even think about it, its NOT coming home with us! I'm torn I tell ya, T.O.R.N.!! Why can't I just turn my cheek, and stay away from there! Just let these uncaring crazies do their thing and be none the wiser about it. Would ignorance be bliss?? Unfortunately, I think not!

tried it! they said they need an address and proof of abuse. otherwise for ME to try and talk the guy into dropping bunny off at their shelter or calling them to pick it up. emailed him (guy w/bunny)the info. hope he makes right decision. bunch of BS I say!

I can't go on craigs list in the animal section for that reason. It is to hard to not want to save the ones you see that you know are in bad situations. You did a good thing by calling the guy and emailing him rescue information.

I only have 2 rabbits and sometimes I think I am selfish because I don't rescue or help ones in the situation you described. But I try to tell myself I am making a difference in the lives of 2 bunnies. I can't save them all and 2 is the max for me. We can only do so much as sad as that is, we can't save them all.

I will be thinking and praying for that bunny. It makes me sick that people would be so cruel to just let a rabbit go like that.

I have never ventured onto the animal section, due to the horrible things I hear about it. (I actually don't go on Craig's List much anyway.) I am at my max now, and it would break my heart to be reading those things.

Unfortunately, the crazies don't all stay on Craig's List. The rescue I volunteer with gets direct emails from people like that all the time. :( I help check the email, so I read a lot of things like that already.

(Someone had a rabbit for 4 years, decided rabbits and cats could never get along, then got a cat so they "had" to get rid of the rabbit. I tried emailing them to offer suggestions on getting the cat and rabbit to get along. She never wrote back though, it was pretty obvious she just wanted to get rid of the rabbit. We didn't have a foster space open to take it, I have no idea what happened to the bunny. :( Makes me wonder how long she'll have the cat........)

update on bunny- seems the guy is just looking for money, and so i don't think he'll give up the rabbit till he gets money. husband agrees with me guy sounds like a weezer! on a different note- hope to use this blog in future to praise those on CL that do good deeds : ) they deserve it as do anyone who does good things.

Back