Cracked corn?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't give rabbits whole corn,. Dried cracked corn is supposed to be ok, but there are plenty of other things that would be both better & less likely to choke rabbits, so I wouldn't give Honey any.

there are treats that you can hang in you pet's cage that you get from the pet stores that are made with cracked corn...so

Everything in moderation is what I say

:rabbithop

Benjamin08 wrote:
Can I give Benjamin a little cracked corn now and then?
dear meagan,--kernal,cracked etc. has a shell which could cause irritation/problems in the gi-tract--one might think corn to be ok,but a high fiber diet is preferable.. here is a link which shall clear up any misconceptions http://www.medirabbit.com even knowing any hazzards i could not convince my cottontail to leave my corn on the cob alone,-kids just don,t listen...sincerely james waller :p

LakeCondo wrote:
And it's not safe to assume that if pet stores sell something for rabbits that makes it ok. Case in point: yogurt drops.
this is so true,-orleana,-a study of herbivor dietary needs are/is so important to the longevity of the critter,-mine are still teaching me/rrr/rr--sincerely james waller:wink

Thank you all for your answers, I will not give him any.
Duh I forgot about the treats that you can buy for them. I will take a look at those today.

Yea.. just to add to the Petstore theory..

I went to Pet Supermarket a couple months ago. I was looking for Alfalfa pellets. Couldnt find them.. went to ask the clerk and her response was "Oh, we only see natural ingredients, so Alfalfa must not be natural" LOLOLOL I almost fell over dieing of laughter. Never trust what they sell.. EVER!

LakeCondo wrote:
And it's not safe to assume that if pet stores sell something for rabbits that makes it ok. Case in point: yogurt drops.
So true, I bought a toy that had dried beans on it, took them off and tossed them.

Latest posts

Back