Crabby momma?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylabunny

Reaction score
Two of my does had their litters just the other day. The problem is that one of them won't let me anywhere near her nest! She starts growling at me and then uses her body to cover up the nest. I don't have a doubt that she would try to bite me if I pushed the issue. I've heard of does being like this, but I've had quite a few litters before and this is the first time I've ever had a doe act this way. So what do I do? I'd like to check the babies and see how they are doing and also get a head count, colors, etc. I'll have to clean the cage soon as well. Should I take her out, or would this just upset her more? :?

I'm hoping she'll get better. I will have to handle these babies at some point...

I have a couple does like that but my rew lh doe is the worst, shes an great momma but shes mean, I open her door and she would growl at me right away, When I reach in she will growl and come after me and try to get me with her front paws, Im scared she would bite me so I hurry up and grab her and pin her down and then i grab the nesting box..

Try offering her a treat to distract her, then check on the kits when shes not looking.

I have few does that are like that. I had one that was so protective that if I touch her babies she would eat them.

Well I took a peek while she was distracted with her food. 3 rews and 2 torts :) It didn't last long though, she was eyeballing me the whole time and decided that that was enough lol.

T.A. Bunnies, I've never heard of a doe doing that :O I hope I never have one of those!

I tried feeding her, and giving her stuff, but she doesnt care, Just cares about me what I am doing to her cage.... It doesnt stop her, But I show who's boss

Latest posts

Back