Covid

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbbyc

Reaction score
Can my baby get covid he’s been staying in his hidyhouse since I’ve started feeling sick today idk if it because he knows I’m sick or not all day he’s avoided me and my bed but he still ran around eat drink all that but avoids me I hope it’s because he knows I’m sick and wants to avoid me I can’t move or get out of bed and if he can’t get it I’d love to know so he can go stay with my bf

Can my baby get covid he’s been staying in his hidyhouse since I’ve started feeling sick today idk if it because he knows I’m sick or not all day he’s avoided me and my bed but he still ran around eat drink all that but avoids me I hope it’s because he knows I’m sick and wants to avoid me I can’t move or get out of bed and if he can’t get it I’d love to know so he can go stay with my bf

Scientifically, I don't have much information other than the House Rabbit Society which I have attached below, and I think covid is too new of a condition to know its impact on rabbits for certain. In my experience, I had covid and had to quarantine in the same room as my bun. I still pet him and of course tended to him but I did not get as close as usual from the same fears. I would wash my hands before and after short pets or feeding. He was fine both emotionally and physically, but in your case, he may be sensing if you're panicked or stressed about it. I would keep an eye on his behavior but try to relax because as far as I've found in my research, they may be able to carry it but no documented cases of them showing severe symptoms have been proven. If he is behaving oddly I would observe all other potential causes and remember to stay calm as long as he is eating, drinking, peeing, and pooping, he is not likely in immediate danger.

In summary the article reminds that:

– The CDC does not recommend euthanasia of animals that test positive for COVID-19

– At this time, routine testing of animals for COVID-19 isn’t recommended

– Currently, the risk of animals, including companion animals, spreading COVID-19 to people is low

– There is no evidence COVID-19 can spread to people from the skin, fur, or hair of companion animals

– If you’re sick with COVID-19 (either suspected or confirmed by a test), you should restrict contact with your companion animals and other animals, if possible, just as you would with people. If there isn’t someone else who can care for them while you are sick, wear a mask when caring for animals and wash your hands before and after interacting with them.

Feel better and stay safe!

https://rabbit.org/covid-19/

Latest posts

Back