cover for plywood floor in hutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
Our first 2x5 ft hutch is almost ready to be moved into the shed. I have a safe wood protector I am going to use on the walls of the hutch. I am just wondering how to protect the floor from urine damage. The buns going in there are all litter trained but I still want to have a floor that doesn't soak up any moisture and is easy to clean.
Is there any sort of safe paint that gives the floor a plastic like coat that is urine and even scratch resistant?

Can you just buy some linoleum tiles from the hardware store? They stick on and can be cut to fit whatever the size of the floor is. I think that might be your best bet.

I have plywood bottoms to my NIC condo's and I lined my with linoleum. I just cut a peice to fit and glued it down. As long as it is firmly glued down, with no loose edges, it should be okay. I used a metal stripping around the edges of mine to make sure the bunnies couldn't start pulling it up.

--Dawn

Lino sounds like a good idea. Must have a look if I get it in small bits. The metal strips at the end are a must for my buns as they sure would start pulling.

I assume you use one of those sharp blades. I don't think scissors would do it.

Back