Couple of Questions:

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buster2369

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I had a couple of questions about my rabbit Buster. I have been wondering about them for a while now.

Why does Buster turn around after he pees and sniffs/licks it? Is this normal? Does it mean he is sick? He is not the best with his litter box, since he is not neutered that could be the reason. He does it no matter where he pees though.

Also

Why does his poop smell like garlic? I mean not his cecotropes, but his normal poop. It's pretty pungent, not as bad as the cecotropes but still pretty bad. Is that normal? I give him a healthy handful of veggies a day. Could that be why?

Anyway, thanks for any input you can provide :D
-Andria-
:bunnyheart

What is Buster's diet like?

It is extremely difficult to litter train an unaltered rabbit and get them to be faithful to their litterbox. The hormones make them want to mark territory all the time.

Buster eats really well. I do give him a small plate of different veggies a day. Usually some red leaf lettuce, celery, kale or parsley and a small piece of carrot. The only sweet thing he likes are carrots. He also gets 1/4 cup of pellets/ unlimited hay and fresh water 3 times/day (since he won't drink warm water)(*he's a little prince*):)

The pee licking has been going on since I got him 6 months ago. I thought it was because he was not getting proper nutrients, but I feed him very well so that can't be it.
He is getting much worse with his pee habits! Last month he started spraying me. I only heard about it, but experiencing it is terrible :(

He even started spraying my family. Back in October I was told he was almost a year old, so he is becoming a naughty teenager. I plan on getting him neutered the week after Easter. I hope his litter box habits get better!:D

Latest posts

Back