Countdown to our new bunny!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayuri

Reaction score
In about 7 hours we should have our new bunny Lottie!!! -- the one in my avatar

We have been waiting for her now for 2 weeks and this afternoon she is going to be having her myxi jab and then tonight we are going to meet her foster mum and collect her. :D

Ive been emailing her foster mum this morning and trying to get more info about her so that we can settle her in as easily as possible and when my boyfriend arrives later we are going to move my bedroom around to make penty room for her cage.

She is a dental rabbit and has an uncertain future because of this and at the moment she also has an eye problem also so she has to have daily eye drops but this is nothing that we are going to worry about too much and we just want to give her a good and happy home for as long as she is with us.

I went out on Saturday and bought her lots of new toys so that she had her own things and also her own water bottle but apprarently she doesnt really play with toys but she loves to sit for hours being stroked and cuddled :D

We are not letting her meet our fluffy twosome for some time to allow her to settle in properly before we start bonding them all so for now she is going to be my secret bedroom bunny LOL

Lottie beautiful. She is one lucky Bunny.

Is she a Rex? She looks like it in the picture.

I can hardly wait for more pictures of her.

Susan:)

I'm really excited for you! She's such a pretty girl!

Be sure to take lots of photos and start her blog@!!!

She's a dutch

She went to the vets today and she has to have her eye drops for another week but Im going to give her those and we are picking her up at 8.30 in a carpark LOL

She is coming from a really good rescue and her foster mum doesnt want to let her go.

I will be taking lots of piccies but it may be a couple of days before I can upload them because I have lost the conecter wire cable thingy -- I'll get my boyfriend to bring his tomorrow.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Lottie beautiful. She is one lucky Bunny.

Is she a Rex? She looks like it in the picture.

I can hardly wait for more pictures of her.

Susan:)

She's here!!!!!

She has had something to eat and drink and she is happily pooing away and was sent marking her cage when she first got in it.

We are leaving her to it tonight so not to bombard her with too much but she has had strokes which she lapped up readily.

For a rabbit that doesnt like toys much she has plenty with her at the moment and she seems to love the big ball with the bells in -- Ive seen and heard her pushing it around her cage a lot and also picking it up and throwing it about!! - Its really light so I dont think its bothering her mouth - its nice she has a toy that she likes but did it have to be the noisey one when she is sleeping in my bedroom! LOL

She hasnt batted an eyelid at the cats but one of them has the major sulks and has hissed at her

Her new "daddy" has called to check on her and is looking forward to meeting her tomorrow night - I think she will defenatly win him over very easily - he has decided that he would still like to change her name but he now doesnt know what he wants to change it to -- I thought we had chosen Lottie but seemingly not so watch this space for more news on that one

I havent taken any photos of her yet because I just want her to settle in for now and not get too stressed - although she doesnt appear to be a very stressed rabbit she is bound to be confused and missing her foster family.

Aww! Wonderful news that she's home! :)

Can't wait to hear continued news on how she's doing...sounds like she's settling in already! :)

She's so beautiful....:inlove:

Awww yay! I love when people get new bunnies!

Sounds like she's settling in ok- I can't wait for pics!!!:D

How old is she again? I think you may have said somewhere before but I can't remember?

Jen xx

Here is the latest on the new bunny -- sorry no photos yet

I was up at 8.30 and she seemed as though she wanted to come out and play so I popped her onto the bed - where she has decided she wants to be ever since. Early on she decided that she didnt want to sit on the bed if it was much more comfortable to sit IN the bed -- she got herself under the duvet, snuggled up as close to me as she could, put her head under my chin, closed her little bunny eyes and stayed there for about half an hour cuddling, being stroked and making happy clicking noises.

She has since emerged from under the bed and she's been munching on her breakfast and meeting my cats.

We have had a bit of a mishap - her foster mum said that she pees on towels so as she was on my bed I put a towel on it in case nature called -- well it did but she didnt line herself up very well at all and completely missed the towel and peed all over ME instead!!! - so top off, sheets and matress protector in the wash and no harm done.

She loves her fusses and either comes and lays down next to me to demand fuss or bounces onto the pillow and starts digging at it or me if she isnt getting her point across.

I think its safe to say that she has settled in very nicely and is already giving out bunny kisses whenever she feels like it!

AWWWWWW that sounds soo cute!

I'd love it if one of our buns was to cuddle up with me like that, sadly with ours it would be all 'bite, bite, bite, pee, pee, pee'!! And so soon aswell, she's obviously one very laid back loving bunny! :)

Aww...so very cute...

My dreams of Bedtime Bunny got dashed with our first girl, Maisie...because she's a fabric peer. Hubby would have NONE of that...so we've never ventured to try to put a bun in the bed since finding that out about her. Heck, not even poor Maisie got a chance to be by our pillows!

I would SO love to snuggle with a bunny, though...I think I'm going to have to work with Teeny to see if he'll keep from 'freeing the pee' on my bedsheets...hehe!!

OMG she is sooo pretty! I saw your avatar pic in another thread and had to find out who this beauty was.

Shes so lucky to be in her new home. Dutches are such an amazing breed :)

Back