Could this ruin their bond?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert and Sullivan

Reaction score
Hi. I am considering getting 1-2 more rabbits to add to our house. Currently we have two bonded mini rex brothers (Gilbert and Sullivan) who are about a year old. They have been together since birth, both are neutered, and are very much bonded and love each other. My question is, if I got another rabbit or two, and even in keeping them in a different cage than Gilbert and Sullivan, could this change the bond between Gilbert and Sullivan? Like, if they smelled the other rabbits, or even saw them across the room in another cage, could one or both of my boys become more interested in the new rabbits and lose their bond with each other? (Even if they never interacted with the new rabbits, but just from being in the same room). Has anyone had an experience like this?

I am concerned because my boys are so wonderfully bonded and I would not want to mess that up. I would like more rabbits, but not at the expense of causing a rift between Gilbert and Sullivan. Any advice or experience with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

~Britni

I'm by no means an expert but i wouldn't think it would. As long as they aren't seperated i shouldn't think it would, but then i'm not sure. Hopefully someone else with more experience can step in!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. My guys sometimes will get into horrible fights if they don't like someone new in the house. I have had to seperate them for a few hours.

Other times they could care less.

Latest posts

Back