Could this be love??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
I was planning on waiting to do this until amonth after she got spayed(hasn't been yet)but thought I'dgive it a try.Benny and Blossom hasbeen doinggreatvisiting through their cages and it would be nice to letthem out at the same time. So, while home for lunch todayIlet Benny out and he jumped in his carrier.....I've been working onthat for awhile. He use to run when he saw it.

Anyway, I thought what a better time, I don't have to fight to get himin it and since work was slow, I'd took him and Blossom to the clinicand tried letting them out together. I took them to the smalldog room(no dogs today) b/c the floor has a rough texture and I didn'twant them hurting themselves if they started running.

I opened Blossom's door and she happily hopped out. Benny took someconvincing to get out. Didn't help that the clinic cat beat me in thereand Benny saw him....he hates cats!! After the cat was gone he cameout. He was checking out the room with Blossom right behind him. He waslooking kind ofstressed(breathing rapidly)so I hadmy water bottle ready if I needed it. As soon as he saw Blossom, hequickly turned around.She laid down and put her head underhis chin. Well, he then laid his head on her and his breathing sloweddown. They just laid there until she decided to look around.

He followed her around. Everytime she stopped, he laid his head on her.After about 30 minutes, he decided to mount her....he's neutered forthose that don't know. She wasn't bother by it at all and kept layingdown with a look like...ok, you done yet? He did that maybe 4-5 timesbefore he gave up. They were out for a long time. After anhour, I had to leave that room to help someone. I felt very comfortableleaving them alone. Although,I kept checking inalotand everytime I did they were right next to eachother.Someone else was checking them too so they weren't completely alone.

When it was time to go home, Benny wanted in the carrier with her. Ididn't let him b/c there's not enough room for them both in that one.After I got home,I cleaned their room and then tried lettingthem out. Well, they must have been pooped b/c they ran to their owncage and stretched out next to eachother. I wanted to try them togetherin their room since they had been together for awhile at work but theydidn't want to come out. That's ok, I'll try tomorrow. I really don'tthink I'll have any problems after watching them today. Whatdo ya'll think.

Oh yeah, she was 3.1lbs today!

out of there own territory they may get on finebut i would watch them a little in eachothers territories but soundslike ur doing well :D

black_jack wrote:
out of there own territory they may get on fine but i wouldwatch them a little in eachothers territories but sounds like ur doingwell :D

That's exactly how my cats and bunny were in PetCo! The cats wereactually laying right next to the bun and enjoying each other'scompany.....got them home and the cats wanted to pounce on bunny!Nothing like in the store at all, so netural territory definatly makesa difference.

Not to say your buns won't immediately take to each other afterwardsbut it's not likely so soon after being really introduced, I wouldn'tthink (Then again, I'm far from expert! Veeeery far from it!).

I definately going to watch closely when I letthem loose at home. I'll keep Benny's cage closed too. Blossom's beenin his cage but he wasn't in it.

Back