Could this be dental problem?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe she just doesn't like the new pellets? Now that you are feeding the old pellets again, how well is she eating them?

Hay is probably the best thing for her right now, while she is having problems with diarrhea. The veggies or the pellets could have something to do with it. It could be that one of those things in the new kind of pellets was causing digestive upset, or she could just have a hard time handling veggies right now because her digestion is sensitive after the antibiotic disrupting her gut flora. Try the hay for several days. As long as she is eating a good amount of hay, she isn't going to go hungry. What kind of hay are you feeding? And is it a softer hay or is it more thick stems? Once her poop seems to have stabilized and been normal for several days, you could then try reintroducing veggies, but it do one at a time and start with a very tiny amount and gradually increase that amount each day if you don't see any reoccurrence of mushy poop.

I would think that if she is eating hay normally and when she was eating veggies, if she was also eating them normally, it could be that she just doesn't like those pellets, or there could be something wrong with the pellets like mold, which would be very bad for her to eat. Is there any other brand of pellet you could try after she is feeling better, or maybe even just buy a new bag of her old kind of pellets that you are now feeding her.

Maybe she just doesn't like the new pellets? Now that you are feeding the old pellets again, how well is she eating them?

Hay is probably the best thing for her right now, while she is having problems with diarrhea. The veggies or the pellets could have something to do with it. It could be that one of those things in the new kind of pellets was causing digestive upset, or she could just have a hard time handling veggies right now because her digestion is sensitive after the antibiotic disrupting her gut flora. Try the hay for several days. As long as she is eating a good amount of hay, she isn't going to go hungry. What kind of hay are you feeding? And is it a softer hay or is it more thick stems? Once her poop seems to have stabilized and been normal for several days, you could then try reintroducing veggies, but it do one at a time and start with a very tiny amount and gradually increase that amount each day if you don't see any reoccurrence of mushy poop.

I would think that if she is eating hay normally and when she was eating veggies, if she was also eating them normally, it could be that she just doesn't like those pellets, or there could be something wrong with the pellets like mold, which would be very bad for her to eat. Is there any other brand of pellet you could try after she is feeling better, or maybe even just buy a new bag of her old kind of pellets that you are now feeding her.

Dear JBun,

Yes, now I give her the old pellets but she doesn't want to eat it also. She only eats hay. She's been eating hay whole day. The old pellets and new one look almost the same (of course,for us human) I will do like you said. We will feed her with only hay and the old pellets she used to get for several days and see how it goes. OK, so as long as she keep munching on hay she will be ok,right? Phew ! I'm totally scared of her having diarrhea or developing GI stasis. The question is, now that I give her only old pellets, how come she still doesn't want to eat them? Could it because of force feeding her and now she doesn't like pellets? Or she thinks it's the new pellets one which she noticed that after she ate them she felt sick? Or because she hasn't eaten any pellets for so long and it was hurt for her before so now she doesn't want to eat them 'cause she's scared it will hurt again? :-/ Thank you so much for your advice. I'll observe her and give her hay and old pellets for now.

There is another pellets brand called Grainless. It's German brand which according to their ingredients, this one is better than the Beaphar I've been feeding her. I tried to give her Grainless before. If I remember correctly I believe it was the first brand we went on after we found out there would be no Oxbow in Poland anymore. She didn't like it and after a week, we gave up and tried on Beaphar.

We gave her hay from local brand called Zuzala. It contains both soft hay and hard long straw and some dried leaves, such as dandelion leaves and flowers, etc. When I first post here about she stopped eating pellets and hay, she refused to eat both but now she can eat hay more and today she even starts eating on those long hard hay straw (I hope I use the right word).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back