Could our rabbit have a cold?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeysMomMom

Reaction score
Last night our rabbit who turned 6 last October was making noises like she was snoring or wheezing. When she ate, it sounded worse. I was worried all night. My mom thought maybe it is because her cage is in front of the window with the draft. So I moved her away from the window and got a flannel sheet to cover her to make her warmer and away from the draft. All night I was so worried and couldn't sleep. I love her like she is one of my children. This morning, I didn't hear the noise much at all. I swore it was gone or a tiny bit if that, but I didn't think it was there. Then I remember kissing her goodbye on my way to work with perfume and hairspray on yesterday morning. Then forgot about it today to kiss her with hairspray in my hair. Could that be it? I am caling the vet today. I am a nervous wreck. This isn't the only problem she has. Back in November she had another problem. Should I post it on here or on a different title.

That kind of noise can either be snoring (harmless) or a serious problem, like heart issues or lower respiratory infection. I don't think it would be from the hairspray or perfume, though. What was the previous problem? Please post in this thread. Was it a respiratory infection?

Back