Could it be a sign of a Neurological disorder

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsterz09

Reaction score
My mini lop Clover has demonstrated a weird behaviour ever since she was a baby, basically she will be sitting still and then suddenly her front part of her body (head and forelegs) will jump almost like if I had startled her. First I checked her ears to see if it was because of any build up of dirt causing a infection but, they were totally clean! When I've taken her to the vets she's done it in front of them and they said it was nothing to worry about but i'm not sure, a new vets has opened near where I live and I don't know whether to take her down there. I was wondering if any one else has experienced this and if they know what it is?

It may be some type of neurological reflex - hard to say. I've noticed that some of the recessive colors seem to be more prone to other congenital abnormalities. The genes thatmutate color can also have undesirable physiological effects.
Pam

thanks for the help, so would it be worth taking her for a check up at the vets?, I mean she is perfectly healthy in every other way.

I was going to try that but I can't find the darn video camera. :(

When she jumps it's probably more like if we let out a huge sneeze and then she just returns to doing nothing again, I wonder if I can find anything similar on line video wise.

I've got to pop out for a while but, as I couldn't find any thing very similar on line I went out and watched her while she did it. It's slightly similar to when a rabbit sneezes but she isn't sneezing she shakes her head from right to left and lifts her front feet off the floor at the same time in a jumping motion and then returns to normal it doesn't matter if she is standing, sitting or lying down.

tonyshuman wrote:
It almost sounds like a half-binky to me...?
oh yeh.. i would back that up... eyore only does half binkies... and its liek the way you are describing

I guess so but she does it an awful lot, I don't know i'll keep an eye on her and if it gets worse or if it keeps on bothering me i'll take her down the vet just to make sure.

Back