Couch problems.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmoo06

Reaction score
Well, looks like Stitch has discovered how to get INTO the couch. He's driving me batty, and honestly I won't be able to do anything until Wednesday on my day off. I thought I'd ask for some ideas. I noticed it a little last night, but this morning it's driving me crazy.

He's made a hole on the bottom of the couch, which I honestly don't mind them chewing on the couch, but I'm terrified I'm going to sit on the couch while he's inside and smash him in the springs.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to put over the hole on the bottom? I don't want to deny them access under the couch because I really don't mind. I really don't have a lot of tools either, so try to keep that in mind. I wonder if I could just remove the bottom fabric all together? I don't think I want to ruin it that much though.

Thank you for any suggestions!

The problem with them chewing on the couch is what they may be ingesting. This could be quite dangerous to them. You could try flipping the couch over and tacking a thin board (particle or pegboard kind of wood maybe) to the underside.

You might try using duct tape to fasten cardboard from boxes on the bottom. Hopefully your rabbit will leave duct tape alone the way Honey does.

I'd get a piece of 1/4" plywood and fasten to the underside. We surrounded our chairs and couch with cardboard so they couldn't get under as they had boxes all over the family room they could get into.

You might try using duct tape to fasten cardboard from boxes on the bottom. Hopefully your rabbit will leave duct tape alone the way Honey does.

Funny how different bunnies can be. I have some duct tape holding down some worn carpet by the back door. If the mat gets moved and exposes the duct tape, my buns go right at it.:rolleyes:

It was actually a pretty small hole. I was expecting much worse. I tried the cardboard/duct tape thing and within 2 seconds Stitch was back inside.

I just ended up taking off the bottom legs. Now it sits flat on the floor, so they can't get under. It was making me way too frustrated.

My bunny did the same thing. I wound up shoving old pillows underneath so she couldn't get under the couch. This was when she was a baby and still exploring lol. Thank god that faze is over. :nonono:

By pure luck, our couch happens to be too low to the floor to get under.

I guess we bunny slaves will have our own criteria when selecting our furniture! Can hear it now: to the furniture salesperson, "no, no. we want a couch that is lower to the ground."
"do you mean lower seats?"
"No, shorter legs"

We had two Lazy boy recliners that Nikki would get into (our avatar). When I'd flip one over to get her out, the little toad would run over to and get in under the other one. I got a couple of moving boxes and set the chairs inside them--it was her turn to get frustrated. They are such persistent little toadies.

Latest posts

Back