Cottontails: A Rehabber's Tale

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haley, thanks so much for posting the link to this video - it's very encouraging (and a bit heart-wrenching, too).

And yes - Go, Amy! (and all other rehabbers with her love for wild buns).

:bump

I went to Amy's house this weekend and got to meet all of hercottons. She has one that cant ever be released because it has headtilt, but it was so sweet and took a craisin out of my hand. She alsohad lots of orphan babies she was rehabbing. She had anotherwho had to be put down today because it was so mangled from a caraccident.

I do too, Rosie. She is my hero. :)

She has like 30-40 rabbits in her home, some domestic and some cotton. It was awesome!

She rehabs the cottons and then releases them into the nice big yard ofthe woman who runs the rescue where I volunteer. Thats how she gets somany pics of them later on, theyre all living happily in Dominique'syard!

Haley...I would really like to get in contactwith your friend. Many rehabbers refuse to takerabbits....and like in the videos, many of those that do release themway too early just to keep their "successful release" numbersup. But those of us that really understand cottontails knowexactly what happens to them and it's not good. There arevery few that can rehab cottontails like that. And we releaseours where we can see them again too. And it is with mixedfeelings that we release all our healthy wildlife...but it is the rightthing to do.

What an awesome show that was....never seen anything like it. I would love to have it on my web site....wow!

Randy

http://www.geocities.com/safehaven902000/index.html

Thats her website and it has her email address on it. Im sure she wouldbe happy to give you permission to use her video on your site.

She may not be checking emails too often this week, she started a newjob working nights and then on top of that lost a very special domesticbunny this weekend and had to put down a cotton that was badly injuredby a car. Shes amazing though, you would love her!

What a wonderful way to put a message across. Ireally admire Amy (and all rehabbers) not only for all they do to givewildlife a new chance of life, but also to have the strength to do theright thing, and release them to the wild. It must be so hard aftergetting attached to them.

Well done, you!

Jan

Back