Cost of teeth trimming...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosyBunny

Reaction score
Our mini lop eared rabbit Cosy has been diagnosed with sharp edges on his teeth by our vet - similar to his late brother but not as severe. His brother (Cookie) had his back teeth filed in August 2017 for £160. Our vet has now told us it will be £440 for Cosy to have his filed. Cosy is not in pain, only mild discomfort and slowed down eating.

Is this price outrageous?? and why has it increased so much? surely rabbit anesthesia is not that expensive?

We are now having the discussion about whether it would be sensible to have this done at this price as Cosy is nearly 7 years old.

The price doesn’t sound too bad, but it could definitely be expensive if you need to get monthly trimmings done. Just give your vet a call and ask them to break down the costs for you (does it include medicine, is it a one-time treatment, is it a course of files, are any teeth being removed etc). Anesthesia can be pretty expensive, and they may want to be more cautious due to his age. Do you have insurance for him?

also, if it’s the back teeth being done it’ll be more expensive than the front. Front teeth trimmings are about £60 (with my vet at least)

The price doesn’t sound too bad, but it could definitely be expensive if you need to get monthly trimmings done. Just give your vet a call and ask them to break down the costs for you (does it include medicine, is it a one-time treatment, is it a course of files, are any teeth being removed etc). Anesthesia can be pretty expensive, and they may want to be more cautious due to his age. Do you have insurance for him?

also, if it’s the back teeth being done it’ll be more expensive than the front. Front teeth trimmings are about £60 (with my vet at least)
Thank you. He has never had it done before so this will be a one-off. Recently he has cost us a lot with various other problems and yes its the back teeth not the front. Just slightly confusing as many prices I've seen range from £100-£200. Still deciding what is best for him! :)

Latest posts

Back