Cortland again!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Turtle

Reaction score
We always look forward to showing Flemish at Cortland, both spring and fall. Cortland spring show (a triple show this time) is this weekend, so if you're in the area (central New York, but it's a decent drive from the NYC area and Philadelphia) and want to see some spectacular giant wabbits, come on up!

To get there, get to I-81 near Cortland, New York. Get off at Exit 11, which is NY State Route 13. Go north (away from town) about 1.2 miles, to Lorings Crossing Road. Go over the creek, and take a left at the first intersection. Go up East River Road until you see all the pickup trucks, trailers and other wabbit-type-vehicles parked near a long white barn with a lot of windows. That's Windwood Farm. Come on and see us!

(PS: on Google Maps, the show is precisely here:

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=cortland,+ny&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Cortland,+New+York&gl=us&ei=sv3QS4yYHcO78gaBg8DNDw&ved=0CA0Q8gEwAA&ll=42.637921,-76.130447&spn=0.004641,0.013583&t=h&z=16[/ame]

Realistically, our junior sandy buck is our best guy right now, as well as a white senior buck. The sandy does are grumpy, though Bess looks decent again now that her December kits (except the aforementioned junior buck) are out in the world. We're taking eight wabbits to show, two others who are going on to new homes.

Yes, it's time for Cortland again, and the excitement is overwhelming for me. If you are interested in raising Flemish Giants, this is the place to go to fall in love with it and learn a lot from the top breeders on the East Coast. It is like the Olympics of the East Coast, and yet it is held in such a beautiful and pleasant setting it brings out the best in everyone and the rabbits.

If you are interested in showing, Cortland offers cooping so you can coop your rabbit(s) Friday night and just go to the hotel and relax for the evening while your rabbit recovers from his roadtrip.

If you are interested in obtaining a Flemish Giant,a number of breeders will be bringing kits to sell, too.

The best thing about Cortland, though, is the camaraderie. It is like a shot of adrenaline in my arm for making it through the weeks of tedious work. Hope to see you there!

I would say that Samantha, in addition to Bessie, is looking quite good. Earlier she had moulted, which with the sandies tends to leave them with less of the rusty color and more of the black ticking. We have been feeding her Sunshine Plus supplement and her coat seems to be coming back nicely.

Latest posts

Back