Corneal ulcer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milliefeuille

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time bunny owner. My bunny, Millie (female, about 2 years old) is having an eye infection since 31 december, since then I've visited a rabbit savvy vet 2 times for consultation.

- On first visit, she was prescribed an antibiotic eyedrops, eye gel to protect the cornea, painkiller and anti inflamation taken orally. Sorry I can't see or remember the medication names now.

- On the second visit 2 days ago (17 jan), the vet saw that Millie is now having corneal abscess and mentioned that Millie has corneal abscess road to recovery might be long (can be more than 2 months). If it can't be cured her eye needs to be removed :( She was prescribed another type of eyedrop, same eye gel, painkiller, anti inflamation and antibiotic that I have to do subcutaneous injection on her every other day.

Millie behaves normally although she's now less curious than before. She still has big appetite, poops, pees and very demanding and bossy when it comes to head rubs :D

Has anyone experienced this before and managed to recover the bunny's eye? I'm really worried about this until I can't focus at workplace >,<

Thank you!

A very worried bunny human.

eurmhh.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't, but I know of others that have and the eye has fully recovered. Sometimes it does take several weeks, sometimes switching to different antibiotic drops if the current one doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you for replying! I'm glad that the medicine seems like working. The white patch is smaller, not significantly yet but it's definitely smaller and fainter :)

Latest posts

Back