Corn rattle rollers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CayrisAndCoco

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Cayris and my rabbit is Coco. I recently got a subscription for BunniesThatLunch and in next months box, there are corn rattle rollers from Rosewood and I´m not too sure about them. I´ve heard that corn husk can block their digestive track, but I just wanted to get a little bit more advice on this forum. If someone could help me, that would be great!

It is the hulls of individual kernels that can cause gut impaction. The husks (outer green portion that we pull off of cobs of corn) are often dried and made into hanging bird toys, etc. Typically they would be loaded with pesticides, but I would think (hope) that those used for pets would be organic or washed of pesticides?

I don't know if the husks (aside from pesticide potential) would be an issue or not on those toys. Your rabbit may ignore them. But if he does chew them up, be careful of the "rattle" that is supposed to be in there.

Okay! Thank you so much! I will definitely be careful with the inside rattle when they arrive. I dont know much about the Rosewood company as it is UK based, but I am pretty sure they only color their toys with natural coloring.

Latest posts

Back