Cookie is getting neutered in the morning...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMommaD

Reaction score
I'm so nervous... Thinking about calling out of work today too just so I can hang out with him all day, just in case... I know, I know... I struggle with anxiety as it is... But when one of my pets is "going under" I always freak! And it's much much worse with cookie, cuz I don't know what to expect... I'm also really nervous because our vet is so far away (2hours) and he will probably be coming home tomorrow evening, as our vet don't have staff 24-7 and I would rather watch him at home all night than him be there alone... So anyway, I need some tips! Some reassurance! Some advice?

So far I have all his things packed for the vet, we are taking everything... His litter box, hay, pellets, greens, blanket... And stuffed bun... We're gonna bring some water from home too... I also got some critical care and a syringe, just in case he refuses to eat... I've tried reading up on it but if anyone has any experience with that, please share...

I'm so afraid I'll regret this... He is an awesome bun without it... Just a little obsessive sometimes... W are really doing it so maybe he can have a friend at some point and to just get it over with no before he gets to much older (since. We arent exactly sure if his age)

:lookaround

sending love and good vibes - I'm sure he'll be fine but it's still hard to relax when it's your baby. I'll be the same way in a month when I get Abby done and have booked a weekend off work for it. From what I've read though, most rabbits get through it quite easily :)
Glad your vet is keeping him overnight too, that sounds like a bonus.

You sound totally prepared. I was nervous too, with Q-tip. See if you can ask the vet to call you as soon as he's out of surgery and they wake him up....my vet called and said "hey, she's groggy but fine, the surgery went well, see you in four hours". It was just nice to have that reassuring phone call that she was going to be okay.

Smart move on the critical care. Q wouldn't eat the day after, and I also live two hours from the vet, but I had to bring her back the next day for a water IV because she wasn't eating or drinking. May want to get a little bit of organic apple juice to put a splash in his water if he isn't drinking much after it.

Did you ask about bringing him home right before they close? I picked Q up about 4 hours after her surgery. It was sorta sad to see her all out of it, and I sure as fluff didn't get any sleep that night watching her, but even though I had to make the drive the next day to take her back, I was just glad to have her home. Can't hurt to ask...if they're doing the surgery in the morning, they may let you.

Good luck! Kiss Cookie on the nose for me.

Thanks! We aRe leaving at 6am for Baltimore. So we will drop him off around 800/830am depending on traffic and the vet said he would do his surgery first before all the others that are scheduled... Dr. Lucas always calls us after but he's actually letting me come and sit with cookie when he's waking up... And then we will leave him the rest of the day and take him home around 5/6pm... As long as everything goes well! And I'm with you Q's mom... I would rather have him home where I can watch him like a hawk and take him back the next day if I have to... Don't care about the drive I'd rather have him home!

Ad hopefully cookie will take the critical care... I got his favorite flavor, apples and bananas! So hopefully he will!

You sound like you've got it pretty well figured out. Also, you should go to that awesome ice cream place in Bmore...oh heavens, what's it called? It's near Hopkins and it's got carrot flavored ice cream!

I wish Q had liked the critical care. It would have made getting over the surgery a lot easier. She refused to touch it, though. We had to syringe feed it to her (ew, messy).

Lots of snuggles to Cookie. He'll do fine!

Keeping Mr. Cookie in mind as you go through this rough time.

My boys made out well. Hoping Mr. Cookie breezes through this as my boys did.

K:)

Hey just think of me being a nervous wreck too. My baby Pup is going in at 9am tomorrow and our last visit to the vet was a scary one for him. Kept screaming, flinging himself out of the vets hands, hit the wall, and fell on the ground (he is a spastic bun as you can see). But I'm sure Cookie isn't as bad as Pup haha.

I don't have any advice cause tomorrow is my first time but good luck with everything. I'm sure Cookie AND Pup will do great :D

Hey just think of me being a nervous wreck too. My baby Pup is going in at 9am tomorrow and our last visit to the vet was a scary one for him. Kept screaming, flinging himself out of the vets hands, hit the wall, and fell on the ground (he is a spastic bun as you can see). But I'm sure Cookie isn't as bad as Pup haha.

I don't have any advice cause tomorrow is my first time but good luck with everything. I'm sure Cookie AND Pup will do great :D

Wishing the best for you and Cookie. I understand how you feel. I was soooo nervous when I dropped Harvey off and it was rather sad seeing his empty cage. He was so groggy when he got home. He did manage to eat for me right away. Fresh greens of course. He was pretty much back to his bouncy self the next day.

Well we are off! Cookie had tons of time ru
Inning around last night and this morning... Since he will be cooped upnfor the next week... I'm doing my best to self my nerves so he does feel them too and get nervous... I'm so glad muni bs took the day off with me, so I didn't have to go to b-more alone. He is awesome! Last night it was funny my hubs came home with lottery tickets as the lottery is at an all time high right now and he told cookie that if we won, we would reschedule his neuter lol we didn't... So he got to rip up the tickets ;) lol

I'll update later! Thanks for all the well wishes, it means so much to me!

Sounds like our little Charlene. When she was rescued the vet did a check and thought she'd retained a fetus, so we scheduled a neuter for her. Turns out she'd already been neutered, but, had a giant stone in her bladder. I got off lucky as the vet only charged for a neuter which was way cheaper.

Latest posts

Back