~*~*~*Cookie&Cream*~*~*~

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, hehe...I meant like litterbox,etc. As far as getting everything they needed in theircage. I know you were having a hard time...

Just curious how you're doing...:)

oh, i still have to think about a litterbox. :p

in their cage i know have the little food bowl, water bottle, a box (itwas actually two boxes together, but one was too fragile and when thebunnies got on top they would fall), a piece of wood, and hay.

They always pee in one corner, though. :)

i hope all of you saw the pics at the bottom of page one! they are so cute :)

hehe i have another pic of cookie that i like...he is small enough to be a guinea pig.

CIMG8322.jpg

and this is cookie being all friendly of sam's foot again. :)
(see last page)

CIMG8360.jpg

They are adorable! They are so tiny and cute Ijust want to hold them. I can see why youre having trouble beingpatient with them. You just want to pick them up and cuddle them!

Any word on getting them sexed? Its nice because the names Cookie and Cream can work for either a girl or a boy :)

Oh, that's GREAT that they pee in the onecorner...it'll make litter training a cinch in the future!:D All you'd need to do is put the litterbox right wherethey're peeing regularly! :D

CookieNCream wrote:
oh, i still have to think about a litterbox. :p

in their cage i know have the little food bowl, water bottle, a box (itwas actually two boxes together, but one was too fragile and when thebunnies got on top they would fall), a piece of wood, and hay.

They always pee in one corner, though. :)

Haley wrote:
Any word on getting them sexed? Its nice because the names Cookie and Cream can work for either a girl or a boy :)

Yup! That was our intent. So that later when we know their names it doesn't get too awkward. Hehe.

I want to get them sexed SOOOO bad, but with my mom telling me sheshouldn't have bought them (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!),I donot dare ask her to drive me to an animal hospital twenty minutes away.:(

Yesterday was pretty cool. :cool:

We placed the cushionsonthefloor in theliving room against the couch and then made fences with the cardboards.We let Cookie&Cream play there. When Sam was occupied with hisgame (on a gameboy or whatnot), I tried to bond with the bunnies. Ithink my problem was that I was sitting instead of lying down. Cookieescaped twice, going behind the television, etc. Cream, surprisingly,never did.

When later Sam came into the little pen and we both kind of lie down,Cookie was really excited and ran under our legs and over ourshoulders. He even squeezed himself out from the gap between mybrother's face and my shoulders! It felt sooooo good.

I think they like Sam better...he didn't do it after Sam left. :( Ithink it's because when we first got them I had to do the picking upand capturing(?) because Sam was too scared. I think they think of meas a hunter or whatever. :(

Anyways, they are doing okay now, I guess. They ate lots and lots of hay (seem to like hay over pellets).

In the Nutriphase pellets we bought, they had these orangecereal-looking things mixed together. Because someone said they are notgood, we took them out. But guess what? Cream goes NUTS for those!!! Heloves them over hay and pellets. Cookie doesn't seem to like it,though. :)

I will upload pictures soon!

It's good theylike their hay. What you coulddo with the colored pellets, is usethem as treats, toget them to come to you. Forbaby bunnies, you could feed themalfalfa based foods anduse them as treats.Igave pellets as treatsand feed Pebbles them one by one.

Lots of time layingon the floor, willgive them confidence andthe security that you are nothreat to them will help withthe bonding. Every time they comeup to you give them a treat.

Here's a tip. When Pebbles wasyoung, she didn't like tobe picked up andtouched either. I wouldwrap her up in a towel, burritostyle for meto holdher. This way she couldn't makea fussand squirm around. Soon shegot comfortable with meholding her, and I wasable to hold her withoutthe towel.

Rainbows! :)

That's a great idea...now only if I could get them in the towel...:shock:

Hopefully they will later know that it doesn't have to be like a survival game in our household. Haha

NEW PICS!!!

Cream having a nice bath...

CIMG8406.jpg

Cookie&Cream fighting(?) for food...

CIMG8403.jpg

fun in the living room...

CIMG8542.jpg

and this is when i was assured that cream is one intelligent bunny.

CIMG8529.jpg

he tried to eat it...hahah

well, all was well until...cookie escaped!

CIMG8535.jpg

CIMG8536.jpg

sam tried to coax him back in with hay tied to a string

CIMG8540.jpg

but it didnt work.

CIMG8541.jpg

and this is cream worrying for us.:D

CIMG8537.jpg

Leave comments!!!

I guess they are friendlier than in the first week, but they are still quite wary and like to run away if possible. Hehe

I know and that's what makes it so hard to not touch them (to not givethem stress). It's like having the softest, cuddliest plushie in frontof you and being told you can't touch it. :p

Ooooh, I know.

But, it'll all be worth it in the end.

All of my bunnies have been trained to know that kissey noises meantreats. So if I make loud kissy noises, I have three bunniesall clambering over themselves to get to me. It's prettyfunny when they try to get their fat heads through the cage bars too.

It was pretty easy to do it too. Everytime I gave them atreat I made kissy noises while I handed them out. After afew weeks, they got the hint. Even baby fosters have gottenthe hang of it.

You should try something like that with your guys. I rememberyou saying that your buns liked the little 'treats' that came in thefood. If you picked them out to use as treats, try making aspecial noise each time they get a treat.

--Dawn

Great pictures!! And you guys are doing a greatjob with them. In no time they will let you petthem. You can probably try to pet them when they come up toyou. Give them a small treat and a little head rub.They'll start to get used to you petting them.

I also did something similar to Dawn with the kissy noises.When I get treats for Misty and Charlie, I make sure and shake thepackage or crinkle the bag I am getting the treat out of, so as soon asthey hear me crinkle a bag, they come running. This is alsobad news when you are just trying to have a bag of chips or somethingand there are bunnies trying to steal your food...

:)

Thanks for all the great advices!

Well, they do let me pet them sometimes, but I mean literally that's "sometimes". Haha

It seems as if Cookie gets all of his food stolen by Cream. I mean,Cookie did get a bit fatter but he didn't, like, GROW much while Creamdid grow.

When giving hay, they always try to take hay out of each other's mouths and usually (ehem, all the time) Cream wins.

Also, they are always hopping over one another and stepping on one anothers' backs. Is this okay? Thanks.

They are just being normal littlebuns. My buns steal food from each other's mouths all thetime. I guess it taste better that way...

If you are concerned that one of them is not getting a chance to eat,take the piggy out and give food to the smaller one. They mayjust be different sizes as well.

Do they have unlimited feed? At this age they should always have food in their dish.

--Dawn

Oh they are sooooo cute! I wanna reach out and grab one in each hand and stuff my face between them.

:inlove:

Those pics of the escaped Cookie are funny, I had a good laugh. I bet he thought he was so clever getting out like that.

You're doing so well with them too, I really admire you :hug:, what a good bunny mommy you are.

BunBun always steals food from Lucky's mouth and runs off with it, he'sreally funny when he does that. He does it with anything she's eating,and if I come to them with treats he shoves her out of the way andgrunts then runs up to me for the treat. He even shoves her head out ofthe water dish! He's a greedy wabbit.

:) Aw thank you everyone!!

I always leave a lot of hay and food in their cage before I leave homeevery morning, but when I come back it's always empty and they arehungry for food.

And now they are making a racket downtairs in their cage, and I'massuming Cream's throwing the food dish around....haha...I should godown and give them some more food. :p

=)

Added to the family is Sugar the Maltese.

CIMG8616.jpg

I'm really worried for Cookie and Cream...Sugar is really hyper andlikes to bark at them. And she also gets extra jealous when I pet themor even go near them..she whines and whines.

I couldn't even take Cookie&Cream out to play. Sugar is reallyattention-needy. Hopefully when she settles in more they can get closeto one another, too.

Latest posts

Back